Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the familiar take the shot for the librarian? They are a unit, but I don't know if a servo-skull would take a shot for the team like that, saving the librarian from taking a wound.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
221 Posts
No. Familiars are wargear. It's just like Ammo Runts for Warbosses. For all intents and purposes it's like an extra limb.

Granted, it would make sense that you could, since it has to be modeled in some way, and yes, ammo runts have their own little models on their own bases, but you cannot target them because they don't change the Boss's IC status. That's the thing. An easy way to tell is if an add-on to a character changes its status and adds more models, it is no longer an IC and therefore his retinue or whatever can take the hit for him. Teleport Homers can't be targeted, yet they're on a separate base. Same deal here.

For the purpose of the Familiar, yeah it seems pretty cheap to have a model that can attack, but cannot be attacked back. The catch is if the Librarian gets killed or leaves the table in some other way, the familiar goes with him.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I beg to differ. The Familiar has a statline and a model of its own, therefore it can take a hit just like anyone else in a unit. After all, it even says what happens if someone kills the familiar without killing the librarian.

Tau drones are bought as wargear too, but they take hits for their owners (in fact, shield drnes are designed just for that)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well shit. I managed to gloss over the little bit about the familiar being removed but not the librarian.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts