Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Playing with my son for the first time and he is shooting at my dark angels while I am falling back from close combat. Once he consolidâtes towards me he shoots and kills one out 4 angels, I was wondering if I have to do another morale check to do another fall back(2 dice roll) when I am already falling back...or his shooting me automatically makes me regroup. Im confused because the rules for regroup occur during an assault. Assault for me meant during the assault phase and not assault as in shooting phase. I know I get to regroup automatically with Dark Angels Space marines(And they shall know no fear). But losing more than 25% of my unit during his shooting phase would make me do another morale check and a 2 dice fall back move when I just did that during the close combat sequence and lost.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
If you're falling back you don't need to take another check to fall back again. Tests to see if a unit falls back are done at the end of the shooting phase, so if he does enough casualties to a unit to warrant a test you do so after he's done shooting.

And they shall know no fear allows models with the rule to automatically regroup during their next movement phase. The only way you can regroup during the assault phase is if a unit charges your unit that is falling back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts