Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fallen BA army, or the damphyr as I have named them, this is goingto be a second project log to give me an evil army and second space marine army and break up the routine of guard.

Here are my first conversions, the DC of the damphyrs.
Group shot of the first five.
View attachment 8650
These were bashed from the zerkers kit and BA DC box. (Sooooo much fun!)

View attachment 8651
These are all glued static.

View attachment 8652 View attachment 8655
View attachment 8656 All of them have magnatized back packs for easy swapping for JP if I wanna play them that way, because its cool and takes longer meaning I don't spend money as fast. :grin:

View attachment 8653
I have used paperclip peices to allow me to swap out the plasma pistol for infernous or hand flamer.
View attachment 8654
Same thing for the PW, this worked better becasue I drilled into the other arm and it allows better stability.

Hope you like, I'm leaning twoards a scab red with black marks, oppisite of a BA color since they are renegade and all.

Please tell me what y'all think thanks! :whistle:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Nice work, good conversions there. Really good idea on the backpacks. Are you going to be using them as Blood Angels or Chaos Space Marines?

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! I like the way BA play so I want ot use them as BA and have them look evil enough to add some chaos units and run them as Chaos marines. These would be zerkers if I ran Chaos.

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am at work right now, been painting a single one.
@ Wombat tree: I wanna play them as either BA or Chaos so paint them neutralish so I canswitch.
@ Ultra: thank you
@smidge: I've started them with a white primer and a scab red armour with black for the DC icons, switched them. The main army has a split of red scab and chaos black 1/2 and 1/2.

Thank you for the intrest and compliments.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
nice work medic marine...hope the painted ones look as cool & mentioned

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope they look as cool as you think they sounded

nice work medic marine...hope the painted ones look as cool & mentioned
Well, I am no Xenobiotic, but here is my take on a Chaos DC Fallen BA, keep in mind I want him to be able to double as a zerker.
I am practicing with the camera excuse the dark shots and C&C me with ideas please!!!
View attachment 8700 View attachment 8701
View attachment 8702 View attachment 8703
Based White with scab red mostly, armor trim is Tin bitz and joints are Brazen Brass. I trimmed the shouldr pauldren with chaos black for depth and to breack up the red. Also used black for the DC X marking. Basically darkre red and reveresed the scheme. Also left the wing white with some heavy delvan mud and watewred down chaos black brushing. C&C PLEASE!!!!
View attachment 8704 View attachment 8705
View attachment 8706
Same plan for this guy...

Notice please the scroll on the left arm of the completed marine (top one) does it look fleshy or dirty... not sure how that ended up but I kinda like the grimy paper feel...
View attachment 8707
The rest await their turn on the block...

Also beign worked on is a three man biker squad... why because I can and I have the models laying about!

Please C&C me, thank you for the support. :victory: Till the next post!

·
Mentally hilarious
864 Posts
The red looks good, dark and grimy, like coagulated blood (which suits both Khorne Berzerkers and Death Company in my opinion). Also there is no need to compare them to my Death Company since they are very different from mine (both in "story" and in execution). Good to see that the kit is versatile and compatible with even the chaos boxes. :)

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Death Company grows.

Finished two more marines minus their back packs. The one mising an arm is having pin trouble... prolly gonna need magnets. :shok: Kinda figured that was gonna happen.
View attachment 8767 View attachment 8771 View attachment 8772
Primed white with scab red as a main color, used chaos black for details. (Flipped the DC scheme) Thoughts?
View attachment 8770 View attachment 8768 View attachment 8769

Two moreto go and back packs and I'll have my first painted and unbased unit.
Also hav a squad of bikers on the table... I figure chaos can deviate from the norm. :picknose:

@: xenobiotic, not comparing our model because I really can't greatness vs amature at best. I ment in over all skill I'm not as good as your self.
Thank you for therep and kind words I field themn for the first time on Tuesday, 600 pt skirmish against SW, the Damphyrs are attemping to steal a world from the SW to grow as a renegade force. :drinks: Until next time!

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bikers and Tycho

So after a long pause I have some thimgs to share. Some Bikes have rolled out, tycho is being kit bashed. The DC are stolled at the last two needing detail, and washes along with skin... I'm slow... :(

Anyhow, tycho (counts as) for the campaign against the space wolves.
View attachment 8898 View attachment 8899
Definitly still WIP, thoughts on the pose? I like how blood song is used, also note the severedwolf head as he is fighting space puppies. C&C please

Bikers... yeah I want BA bikers cause I don't see them... and chaos bikers are cool.
View attachment 8900 View attachment 8901 View attachment 8902
View attachment 8903 View attachment 8904
This is the primary armour scheme for the rest of the force as well. C&C please, looking to finish the DC and then tycho and bikes... prolly bikes first.

The Damphyr's saw ther first combat and the DC and capt were slaughtered to a man by a wolf priest and BC squad... the asssault squads and the Sang Priest saved the day killing the BC, a lone wolf and taking a preditor out of the game. Final score 2:1 objectives Damphyr. :drinks:

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
im not sold on Tycho, mainly the gun...

like everything else though & congrats on the win :victory:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Not such a fan of Tycho. His gun just looks disproportionately large and your green stuff definitely needs cleaning up. At least make him hold the gun with two hands. Otherwise the deep red that you've used looks good. :eek:k:

·
Registered
383 Posts
The Combi-Melta for your Tycho seems very bulky. Maybe instead of slapping a Meltagun ontop of a Bolter, you could instead, using a bolter frame only, trim the bolter barrel off and move it down to the bottom, put the Melta barrel on the top, and put the Melta canister on the side. It looks much better that way, imo. I put scopes on mine too. Just a thought so that it doesn't look so wonky and bulky for a 1-shot combi. Other than that, looking good! Keep it up!

Congrats on the win!

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Death Company is painted!

im not sold on Tycho, mainly the gun...
like everything else though & congrats on the win :victory:
I agree in hind site thank you, and thank you for the post victory laurel.

Not such a fan of Tycho. His gun just looks disproportionately large and your green stuff definitely needs cleaning up. At least make him hold the gun with two hands. Otherwise the deep red that you've used looks good. :eek:k:
Thank you for the heads up on tycho, I'm gonna agree with the gun and green stuff. (very new) And thank you the red is just primed white scab red with thin layers and a heavy wash of delvan mud

The Combi-Melta for your Tycho seems very bulky. Maybe instead of slapping a Meltagun ontop of a Bolter, you could instead, using a bolter frame only, trim the bolter barrel off and move it down to the bottom, put the Melta barrel on the top, and put the Melta canister on the side. It looks much better that way, imo. I put scopes on mine too. Just a thought so that it doesn't look so wonky and bulky for a 1-shot combi. Other than that, looking good! Keep it up!
Congrats on the win!
Thank you for the support, I have surged ahead and finished the squad (minus bases) Tycho is currently scrapped for re assembly.

On to the update!
The first full squad of my Damphyrs has been painted! :victory:
The completed group.
View attachment 8928
The chain axe marine
View attachment 8929 View attachment 8934
Power weapon (the arm is detachable fo allow power fist as well)
View attachment 8931 View attachment 8936
I love him because it looks like he was drinking blood, little blood red and water effect.
Plasma pistol marine
View attachment 8930 View attachment 8935
This marine really has FnP because he survived a Doberman attack.
View attachment 8932 View attachment 8937
And the chap with a sword.
View attachment 8933 View attachment 8938

And thus we have the DC of the Damphyr Renegades, back packs are magnatized and power weapon is swap able.

Currently Tycho is on the construction board and the bikers are on the paint table.

I'm unsure of how I want to base them... I was thinking of a flock and rubble base. To do a dead planet. Also bits of SW becasue they are fighting SW. Thoughts and Ideas would be great! Thanks for the ideas and support. :drinks:

11/12/10: Planet strike 1,000 pts! The Angels decend on wings of fire!

·
Registered
23 Posts
amazing conversions really good ideas do you mind if i use your ideas for my miniatures?

·
Registered
835 Posts
A interesting and cool angle on some renegade blood angels, nicely done.

Only gripe is that rather large combi melta for your tycho model, why not just use a regular combi melta from the commander sprue? (if you have one of course!)

Keep up the nice work! Rep for your work is definitely required. :)

1 - 20 of 99 Posts