Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering I have some BT sprues around that I havent used (and considering they cost money too) I was thinking of mixing then with a chaos marine force and making a kind of fallen templar army. Any fluff basis for such a thing. ie isolated templars touched by a captured relic etc etc.

The two sprues together would actually look kinda cool..but thats just my opinon.any hlp on the fluff front would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i think it is a cool ideal. it falls under a red corsairs type army. just paint red xs on your imperial symbols. i dont know of any fluff that goes with renagade black templars. you could make your own. and the cool thing is you would have a actual army from GW with your own fluff. custom made chapters are dumb, but making fluff for a pre-existing army. post some pics because i am really interested.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
im sure of it, since only the Grey Knights are the only chapter to NOT have a single member fall to chaos...this means that BTs have

Edit: maybe a reason on why there are bezerkers in your army

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
youre right because angron and his world eaters dont fit the profile of bezerkers. that was sarcasm. but yea it would be really interesting to see the black templar chaos models

·
Registered
164 Posts
I actually came up with some nice Fluff for my Templars when I got bored winning :grin:

My Templars lost their Marshal and Emperor's Champion in one battle, this caused all the remaining Templars to go bezerk and in a blood frenzy! Having my templars fall to Khorne was the easiest thing to do but you could also have them fall to Nurgle quite easily too.

Slannesh is out, as the Templars never show pleasure in anything, other than killing the enemy and even then their Code is so strict that they often chastise themselves like a Grey Knight after coming in contact with Chaos.

Tzeench is definitely out, as the Templars by nature Abhor the Witch.

The best thing to do is find some fluffy reason that the Templars could have been pushed over the brink of sanity. Not hard since they are vicious Assaulters, come up with a named character lost, or use the fact that they have no Librarians and they came in contact with a Chaos Sorceror who misguides them.

There are pleanty of reasons for Templars to fall, you just have to get creative!

~HighMarshalIain

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
one of the reason i think templars could fall is they have new recruits all the time considering they fight a lot of endless battles and lose a lot of marines. the new recruits would be weaker minded and when tempted without their leaders around would and fall like a sack of kittens in a river.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ardias26. Renegade Black Templars are fun. Imagine a latent psyker who happens to be a Marshal... or a Chaplain who accquires a Book of Lorgar, and becomes obsessed with reading the whole book... Or a Dreadnought that dreams of rage for a hundred years before waking up and invoking the names of Khorne. Yes, even a Dread can summon daemonic power... There's a space marine in there you know.

Though, admittedly, I can't cite any fluff to support the notion of dreadnoughts summoning daemons.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Definitely an interesting idea. Though IF ANY other Chapter besides the Grey Knights has not lost a member to Chaos i'd say it'd be the Black Templars. They'd sooner kill themselves then turn to Chaos. But then again every Chapter has its darker members who don't conform to the beliefs laid down by the Primarchs and the founding members of the Chapter so anythings possible.. except Chaos Grey Knights, that will never happen.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Chaos Grey Knights FTW!!!!! lolz XD

That would be the most badass thing ever. a Chaos Daemon Prince Grey Knight Grand Master. haha.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Any one can have chaos GK all you need is some Glue and Spikey Bits. Everyone knows the real difference between C:SM and CSM is CSM units will make you bleed just picking them up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts