Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Damn the Cybran ability to be able to understand languages ... Them learning Faida will destroy all the work the Fædanærie and Nyæn in general have done to prevent it falling into potentially hostile hands. The idea is that people can know Scneira, the general language, but not Faida, so the leaders can converse in safety =\

·
Registered
205 Posts
Damn the Cybran ability to be able to understand languages ... Them learning Faida will destroy all the work the Fædanærie and Nyæn in general have done to prevent it falling into potentially hostile hands. The idea is that people can know Scneira, the general language, but not Faida, so the leaders can converse in safety =
That could cause friction later on, when the Cybran start learning things they shouldn't while the other races remain in the dark...

·
Registered
951 Posts
Damn the Cybran ability to be able to understand languages ... Them learning Faida will destroy all the work the Fædanærie and Nyæn in general have done to prevent it falling into potentially hostile hands. The idea is that people can know Scneira, the general language, but not Faida, so the leaders can converse in safety =
This is where the Fel'Ra become superior in language. Most of the time, even others that have been studying Fel'To for their entire lives can't understand which version of the sentence is being used, so outsiders won't have a chance at deciphering it. Common sense and logic can only take you so far in a world of multiple meanings and strange naming.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah but wouldn't a cybran need to be within earshot to understand plus they will let you converse in secret after all they know not all things need to be heard

·
Registered
951 Posts
Out of interest, does the Fel'To also contain aspects of body language that a bipedal race couldn't hope to ever replicate?
The words themselves are all made by mouth, but the correct meaning can often be discerned by the Fel'Ra's body language. But, of course, the body language is rather different to that of bipedal races, so, in answer to your question: sort of.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The words themselves are all made by mouth, but the correct meaning can often be discerned by the Fel'Ra's body language. But, of course, the body language is rather different to that of bipedal races, so, in answer to your question: sort of.
OK, I thought it would be something like that. Means only the shapeshifting, semi-liquid silver balls could ever be capable of conversing in Fel'To :p

Yeah but wouldn't a cybran need to be within earshot to understand plus they will let you converse in secret after all they know not all things need to be heard
This is true; and I'm not saying I want it taken out, it's just another obstacle to work around :) This RP should be brilliant :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
If this starts soon, I'll have little chance of updating until Monday. Just so everyone knows.

·
Registered
951 Posts
OK, I thought it would be something like that. Means only the shapeshifting, semi-liquid silver balls could ever be capable of conversing in Fel'To :p
Well, most races can converse in it, just not interpret the meaning correctly. The body language isn't vital at all, and the silver balls may actually have a harder time speaking it (they'd need to fully learn the body language for the purposes of elaboration). The body language is only for showing that 'Let's be friends' is actually that, not 'I may or may not want to kill you' (just an example, a sentence may or may not mean both).

The main reason that they sent a Mag'Sou rather than a Xi'Sou is to keep things simple, to avoid the Xi'Sou's tendency of using double-meanings deliberately, and to use Maj'Fol. Zan'Trut will be using it to break the words down to the base meaning, and converse it to the different races, which will interpret the 'words' in their own tongue. It prevents double-meanings, deliberate or otherwise, from getting in the way of the major peace talks.

41 - 60 of 221 Posts