Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
well if everyone who has a missing post message me what happened in it summarised so that nothing is missed but if you've forgotten don't worry

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
well depends if the other peoples posts that it contains were deleted if so then great please post

·
Registered
891 Posts
Here's the post, it contains quotes from several other posters.
Thel'Kor listened as the other ambassadors continued their conversation, pondering the words of the large, ape like individuals who called themselves the Nyan,

“Lord Arbiter Thel’Kor, I would please ask you to refrain from making unsubstantiated claims of military strength in what is meant to be a diplomatic meeting. It sets the wrong tone, and makes you appear ... Boastful. I do not mean to pick at small things, but I am sure smaller issues have sparked wars!”

Boastful? But of course it was boastful, surely the purpose of this adjournment was to display the strengths and weaknesses of each race to one another, in order to see where alliances could be mutually beneficial. From what he had originally understood, this 'diplomatic mission' was much like the novel 'trading' concept, you present things that you had in abundance in return for items that you valued and vice versa.

He then wondered briefly how his words could have sparked a war, though he had questioned the honour of the Olori, the stain on their honour could be swiftly solved with a fair duel, surely they would not need to start a war over such a matter.

He pushed aside the confusing matter and turned his attentions back to the diplomats. The Olori was speaking again.
"-in turn apologise for any insults or perceived hostility, implied or otherwise. In addition to this, we have come to several decisions - that the negotiations should be finished before any worlds are revealed, and that the revelation of homeworlds should be optional. Finally, we propose that we should leave by race, as to protect the location of our transport craft. All in the name of safety, of course, so that any underlying hostility does not have chance to bear fruits of destruction.

"We also mean to inform you of the Plo'Dest, as we know them. Though Plo'Pa is technically a world controlled by the Fel'Ra, the Plo'Dest as a species survive. They breed rapidly, and can infest a world with 6 in less than 3 years. They are also very cunning and physically mighty. Finally, to make matters worse, they use star-based energy in their weapons. They are very formidable and aggressive foes. Our reason for invading Plo'Pa was to wipe out the Plo'Dest, we have no less that 17 recorded incidents of their aggression to peaceful races.

"They still attack us, and a group of them lay hidden and attacked us as we arrived. We successfully eliminated the threat of them, but many more still may lie in wait for us on the plains. Deal with them how you like, as long as you stay cautious, assuming you go to the plains." Zan'Trut looked at Kaedae for recognition, which was soon found. He continued.

"We mean this as a warning, and welcome any questions on the subject."

Then the insect began to speak.

"Me is very confused, you speak of battle and strife and a past littered with pain. The men of steel and flesh accuse me of being a liar, even when I have not spoken. All get angry over valid points made by the metal spheres, and then ignore it ...

I must ask since I do not understand. What are these ‘rebels’ you speak of. And why do you spawn them if they are not of use ... Why not assimilate them if they are of trouble, that would strengthen your hives and feed your workers.

As with the Plo'Dest you speak of, are they rebels? Are they going to attack a hive? If such I must warn the queens, must warn quickly..... Rebels, dangerous things spawned by all aliens, but not from some. Me is confused...."

Thel'Kor stared at the creature, uncomprehending. Assimilate? Workers? He spoke of rebels as if they were intentionally created by their home race. These creatures were strange indeed. Then the two large creatures flanking their speaker began hissing and moving forwards, Thel'Kor's nobles tensed, their spines gently raising and flushing red. Stay back.

The
“My first point here is that the Olori representative have the gratitude of the Nyæni representative for their apology, which is accepted.
“Secondly, Ambassador for the œnalien,” he began, gesturing at the Bug, “I would ask that you, ahem, ask those accompanying you to settle themselves. Their reaction to your own words do not, with respect, foster encouragement from myself, nor, I am sure, some others here.
“However, I will try and answer some of the points you have put forwards as best I can, and hope that I do not overstep any boundaries; if I do, I sincerely apologise,” he said, a nod of the head directed, individually, to each ambassadorial representative..
“Firstly, we were not so much angry or shocked over what the Omega, representative of the Olori, said, but so much the intention behind his words ... To refuse a civilisation entry because of their circumstances would be ... Uncivilised, as far as I am concerned.
“Secondly, these rebels are a faction of the civilisation that would have things done differently, because they are not happy with how the administration governs, or what their economic state is, or for many other reasons. I am guessing that they would not allow themselves to be ‘assimilated’ unless severe concessions were made on behalf of the Pegasiens. The Nyæn had similar issues when settling on new planets; there is often no easy solution such as the one you have suggested.” He turned to Savar, and explained his thoughts, “You said that this ‘Surlaw’ fought under the old Pegasien Empire? It appears to me that he would not willingly rejoin you under the current, democratic structure of your Federation ...
“And thirdly, the Plo’Dest sound to me to be a distinct race that the Fel’Ra have been in a state of aggression with for a number of years. I must admit to never having met their kind, nor, to my knowledge, have any Nyæn.
“Whilst there is no definite knowledge the Plo’Dest will attack your ... Hives,” ‘Which are most likely on the inhabited worlds of other races,’ he thought sourly, “It would most likely be a reasonable precaution to assume it would be a possibility.” He turned back to Anz’Kull and Zan’Trut, and nodded his head humbly. “I hope that is correct, and that I have not in some way caused offence.” Finally having said his piece to the Bug, he cleared his mind of them for the time being. ‘Now, onto other matters ...’

“Now, on the Mol'Omra'Chai proposition of a trading post here, I agree. We can all prosper through trade without endangering our homeworlds. I would add to this proposal the following, however - There should be a limited military facility here, with an equal weighting of members from each member civilisation, to both dissuade other, potentially hostile forces, from attacking and to stop any who have joined from deciding to take what is here through force. There should also be a permanent ambassadorial facility created, for the ease of racial communications. Beyond that, it would need to be decided what could be traded.
“For example, the Nyæn have developed Uundairn technology, but I feel it would be in our best interests to keep how we create it to ourselves. However, it is possible we could sell the crystals that are created and adapt your technology. This is only an example, but I am sure there are others who would have similar misgivings about the trade of precious items ...”
It's not finished and is pre-crash information, It might be able to shed some light upon lost posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
It's not dead I've just been coughs up as my school have asked me to write a novel for homework but ths. Will return just keep a look out

·
Registered
951 Posts
It's not dead I've just been coughs up as my school have asked me to write a novel for homework but ths. Will return just keep a look out
Brilliant. Before the hacker incident, it was going great, and the potential's there. I look forward to it, and good luck on the novel.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Thanks sadly its got to be a haunted horror novel and that's not exactly my specialty

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
ok guys you can expect an update by christmas hopefully as i really don't want this too die but ive got allot of work ahead of me

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
sure get a sheet up and i will work you into the update cause you can either be late to the meeting or come in some other way

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ba-bump :3

SoA I know you said 'christmas' as a deadline but just checking if we could be expecting an update sooner? Want to really get it off the ground finally :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
perhaps it just depends on how much time i get free as at the moment i only just have enough time for the rps im doing aswell as the writing comp

·
Registered
891 Posts
I will also attempt to post something up.
Good news: I saved my post onto my computer
Bad news: My computer, realising that it was currently the sole possessor of several very important school files of mine, promptly died.

Have you ever noticed that life sometimes just decides to take a shit on you?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
hog know how u feel i dont know what life been eating but its been shitting alot recently

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
ok sorry for not being able to post up and so ive made up my mind.

due to being really busy in recent months i am stepping down from my gm post,i could kill the rp but i know how much people want to get it going so instead if every one who would like to gm it could pm me why they want to gm it,what they would change and how often they could post and so i can choose the best answers and give that person control however if the rp starts getting bad or if i get my free time back then i might take back control if everyone wishes but for the moment this is whats happening.

if people however dont want to gm it then i will continue but instead of updates write like a normal player just make sue everyone is inline and so everyone has equal power and not just me.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
well so far flash is the only person to message and as i don't want to just hand it over to the first guy to want it i will continue it till the meeting is over and if we still don't get any one else messaging by then then flash will have the wheel.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
could the rpers and people wanting to join please post the number of which option they prefer.

1.it continues as i is but with large gaps between updates due to limited time

2.i hand it over to the application i believe to be best so far i have 2

3.very rare updates as everyone is a player and everyone has equal say over the game but we get either me or someone not involved to come up with plot twists or events every now and again to keep it exciting.

also if you wish to join i would recommend waiting till after we have decided before you post a character and race sheet but you can still vote on this.

181 - 200 of 221 Posts