Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cover art for the 5th Space Marines Battles novel, due next year, the Fall of Damnos by Nick Kyme has just been released. Revel in the terrific cover-art of Jon Sullivan.

Black Library got it right. The boy has definitely done good.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I am really looking forwards to this! The art work is brilliant and seeing as it is by Kyme, I know the novel will be! :victory:

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The part im most looking forward to is Ancient Agrippan's last stand against the Necrons Since this is a historical battle like all the SM Battles series, and not an entirely new one, we already know how this will end. And sadly very few will survive this novel. According to the Codex, SM Codex, only forty Space Marines and twenty Guardsmen will survive Damnos.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
We don't know which Dreadnaught will die though, do we? I can't remember a name of any of the Dread's being mentioned in the Codex. Might be wrong mind, it has been a while since I have read over it!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
We don't know which Dreadnaught will die though, do we? I can't remember a name of any of the Dread's being mentioned in the Codex. Might be wrong mind, it has been a while since I have read over it!
Just had a check, and so I don't ruin it for people who haven't read the SM Codex and want to come to the novel without knowing the end

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just had a check, and so I don't ruin it for people who haven't read the SM Codex and want to come to the novel without knowing the end

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great artwork. I hope that time Nick Kyme will make it interesting read [I could not stand Salamander].

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Great artwork. I hope that time Nick Kyme will make it interesting read [I could not stand Salamander].
You what? Salamander, in my opinion, was the best novel I have ever read from Black Library, and seeing as I haven't read anything else, it is the best :grin:

It shall be interesting to see how Kyme handles this, I mean he has to kill off alot of his characters to do it!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
See I don't understand how some people can bitch about Aaron Dembski-Bowden having a crack at the Word Bearers because they feel it should be Anthony Reynolds doing it, but when Nick Kyme does an Ultramarines book no one pipes up saying Graham McNeill should have done this.

God damn it, I will- Graham should have done this and not just because he's done all the UM books to date but also because he's a far superior writer to Kyme (at least ADB is a better writer than Reynolds).

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
See I don't understand how some people can bitch about Aaron Dembski-Bowden having a crack at the Word Bearers because they feel it should be Anthony Reynolds doing it, but when Nick Kyme does an Ultramarines book no one pipes up saying Graham McNeill should have done this.

God damn it, I will- Graham should have done this and not just because he's done all the UM books to date but also because he's a far superior writer to Kyme (at least ADB is a better writer than Reynolds).
Baron raises a good point. Personally I have no problem with writers taking up other projects, like ADB writing the Word Bearers and Nick Kyme writing the Ultramarines. As long as they observe the other work and deliver a good novel then im fine with it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
BL are really stepping it up with regard to their artwork. Nice find.:victory:
Agree x1000

I got chills when I picked up Brothers of the Snake - the depiction of the Iron Snake Space Marine on its cover caused me to momentarily rethink my criticisms of the Emperor :shok:

Edit: for those who haven't seen it

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
That artwork is fucking outrageous!

With writers taking up other legions etc, i think its fair play and actually not have 1 guy forging a singular view on a particular lot.

They are far from all the same anyway so 2 points of view ent gonna hurt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts