Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,356 Posts
My first choice would be White Scars taking Khan a giving all your bikes and dedicated transports the scout rule is a big advantage. Having a bunch of bikes and rhinos in your face is a challenge for necrons. An iron fist allie is good too. You can have a could of drop pods with thunderfire cannons can be useful as well.

· Premium Member
4,356 Posts
I
My only hesitation about the white scars is that they are effectively a bike army with more or less one tactic. A very strong and effective tactic I admit, but they are a bit one dimensional.

White scares are not just a bike army. I know most people think that they are and the bikes are very strong but not the best part of the army. Taking Khan gives scout to bikes and dedicated transports, so you can have Rhinos and Landraiders all with scouts. My friend plays an all rhino and landraider white scars army. My other friend plays a all rhino army with Iron fist allie two drop pod thunderfire cannons.

Let me tell you having rhinos packed with marines and landraiders in your face by turn 2 is not easy to deal with. So not just a one trick pony or atleast scouting armies are a pretty cool trick.

· Premium Member
4,356 Posts
For example, a lot of people talk about how competitive eldar are, personally I cant stand their imagery and could never use them.
Preach to the choir!!

It really doesn't matter what we say here it is most important that you enjoy YOUR army. So choose the one that you like the lore and the models because that will help you get through the part of actually having to build the army.

I only suggested white scars because Necorons are mainly a shooting army that are not great at close combat. Iron hands are good but it is hard to out shoot Necrons so battles with them would probably pretty close. I like CSM and Wolves a lot but they struggle against Necrons again you won't lose every game with them but it will be a challenge. White Scars will just more of a challenge for Necorns to deal with.

Why not create your own army? Create your own color scheme and then use them as you like. You could use them as white scars one game, iron hand the next, Space wolves after that and then CSM if you like. This will give you a feel for each army and how it plays. You may find you don't like white scars and space wolves fit more your playing style.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.