Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is a simple fact that failure will inevitably plague every commander at one point or another. At this time, it is important to facepalm. It provides a visual representation of your disappointment to your troops, and also helps to relieve tension.

However, it is important to DO IT RIGHT! History remembers the valiant heroes and devious villains, not the screw ups who impaled their own eyeballs. With that in mind, I present:

How to facepalm in M41

BASIC PROCEDURE:

It`s not that hard really. Basically, raise your hand level to your face and place your head in it. A sigh and shaking your head can really emphasise the point.

Here are some more race specific guidelines:

HUMAN: You pretty much have it easy here, just follow the above instructions. Make sure you`re not holding a sword or any bladed weapon of any sort, and if wearing a powerfist ensure that the power field is deactivated, or you may find your head on fire.

ASTARTES: As above, with the following addition. Lightning claws must be SHEATHED and DEACTIVATED.

ELDAR: Again, follow the above procedure. Do not attempt to facepalm if you are wearing a scorpion claw or are equipped with powerblades.

DARK ELDAR: Frankly, I would not recommend facepalming at all. Your typical armour is covered in spikes and constitutes a serious health hazard. If you must however, remove your gauntlet first.

NECRON: Ensure any disruption fields are deactivated. NEVER facepalm if you are a FLAYED ONE or a WRAITH.

ORK: Generally okay. Do not facepalm with a power klaw.

TYRANID: Generally having weapons meshed to your limbs can be a bit of a setback. Rending claws are okay if done carefully. If you intend to facepalm with scything talons, ensure the blade is side on, and I would recommend leaving out the head shake for safety reasons. Crushing claws should not be used.

TAU: I`m sure you are already experts by now. :biggrin:

DAEMON: If you ever need to facepalm, all I can say is you don`t know how to be a daemon.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ork - Face Palm as hard as you can, try to knock some teef out, or some sense in. Go buy a pint of fungus beer.

·
The Great Unclean One
57 Posts
...................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Like this ?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
For orks I'd also say that for the palm you could use your own face and then for the face bit of the face-palm use someone else's face. I guess its a headbut at that point but would also convey a sense of disappointment and is in the spirit of the intended facepalm.

ps rep

·
Registered
263 Posts
A note on Dark Eldar: If facepalm is required, removing gauntlet, helmet and shoulder spikes from the arm involved in facepalm is recommended. Reason being: yes, the gauntlet's got sharp pointy fingertips, with likely sharp barbs on the palm. However, the helmet is just as likely to have a razor lined faceplate, and the shoulder spikes in such a maneuver could actually bend in and slice the un-helmeted head, or at least pony tail... The latter being more of a downer when it comes to coolness than an actual health hazard, as shorter hair may lead to less people dragging you around by it.

PS: rep

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
This is the best post ever! Here, take some rep+!

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you to all for the +reps.

I`ll try to come up with some more threads like this.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Reptacular!??! Lol, what a triple facepalm!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts