Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to work on a CSM army based on Fabius Bile and his enhanced warriors but I'm at a loss as to a color scheme. I was considering Blood/Scab red with dark/black highlights but black & red CSM armys are pretty cliche.
The idea's I have are

Blood/Scab Red like Fabious' armor is painted in the codex (problem: see above)

Dark Grey with Blood/Scab Red edges (love the colors but still close to B&R)

dirty White with Blood/Scab Red edges & possible Blood splaters (interesting and very horror movie mad doctorish, but don't know if I can pull off the dirty White well enough)

Anyone have any other ideas? or thoughts on the above color schemes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would imagine he pulls mariens from any and every source he can get, traitor and loyal marines alike. So like huron Blackheart, you could simply paint them however you liked, but then give them some sort of marking that show some sort of unity.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
I would imagine he pulls mariens from any and every source he can get, traitor and loyal marines alike. So like huron Blackheart, you could simply paint them however you liked, but then give them some sort of marking that show some sort of unity.
Far as I know Bile "creates" his own warriors from a mix of slaves, volunteers, soldiers, and clones, which he then "upgrades" to his version of marines. He also probably pays CSM warlords for CSM bodyguards...

So basically any color of armor could be explained, but I'd go for some neutral color, like a grey or the dirty white you were thinking of to show that Bile can play for any side...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I built an army around Fabius myself, and I went with a dark purple scheme that would echo his EC roots. However, the theory that he would be pulling Marines and armor from everywhere is probably just as valid. My suggestion: go with what looks good for you.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Dirty white is actually surprisingly easy to create, it is pure white that is the hard one to get right!

A 50/50 mix of skull white & dheneb stone gives a great base for a warm-toned white. Couple that with very thin and layered/patchy washes of baal red, ogryn flesh, & gryphonne sepia followed by a light drybrush of the 50/50 mix and a highlight of straight skull white will give you a 'dirtied, blood-soaked cloth' look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts