Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Depends on your Foe ;P

VS IG a IoN is often extremely effective :)
And the increased T is always a Bitch, but expensive XD

Against other marines, IoS gives you a cheap, but distingtive advantage.

IoK... Always good, it basivally gives you double the attack power!

IoT? Only if you fight someone who likes to rain plasma down on you XD

Of Course, Chaos glory is cheap, and just incase that ld9/10 fails. You'll be glad it's there... Or for deepstrinking in some more units

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Of Course, Chaos glory is cheap, and just incase that ld9/10 fails. You'll be glad it's there... Or for deepstrinking in some more units
As I recall, Enhanced Warriors are fearless, this icon is redundant.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'd go for icon of Slaanesh as the MoCG is made redendant as they are fearless. With slaanesh they are basically budget khorne bezerkers (str5/6 I5) who always get the same bonusses as KBs on the charge but with out the weapon skill.

I'd tool them out like this\/
10x Enhanced Marines-IoS,2x melta, rhino w/extra armour=270pts

So now you have khorne bezerkers with anti-tank! I have refrained from going over board with upgrades as these guys get very expensive very quickly. For instance this is a very stripped down squad and if you equiped them with the things that you'd give to 'normal' vanilla marines then they can quickly go above 300pts. That's not a typo. If you are interested in them then you realistically have to make this choice- power fist or enhanced? (although both is nice as I just realised the power fist makes the champ strength 10(!):shok: as the enhancement is a permanent modifier and doesn't have a () around it. However 10+enhancement+champ+fist=220pts before you really get started.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unless the Champion get's +1 Strength from another source, he's only got S9. Multiplication always occurs before addition - it's basic maths.
that would be the case if it was just 4x2+1, which is the case for Khorne Berzerkers assaulting. The thing is the Enhanced Marine thing doesn't make his strength 4(5), it just makes it 5, THEN the fist makes it x2, so it would read more like (4+1)x2, which is 10. At least that's the way I understood it, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
594 Posts
My vote is for IoS or IoK. Personally i lean towards IoK to make up for their WS4 (vs WS5 for zerkers), but IoS is a better budget option.

As for the Champ, i'd most likely throw a Power Weapon on him. Powerfist looks all crazy shiny, but you're toeing the line on cost at that point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.