Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is he one and the same as Abaddon the Despoiler? namesake? no relation at all? I started Horus Rising today and that is nagging at me bad. Thanks

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes he becomes Abaddon the despoiler

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o..k..., what's with the fluff in the CSM codex saying that Abaddon is thought to possibly be a clone of Horus? Perhaps I 'm remembering it wrong.....if so slap the shit out me now! Thanks

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
he is one of the " sons of horus" luna wolves, as some of the luna wolves bore a striking resemblance to their primarch.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok...i get it, would also explain his being the #1 captain on the luna wolves.....

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Don't think it does. Aximand is the one who bears the most resemblance to Horus after all, even being nicknamed Little Horus, but even then i don't think its ever implied any of them are cloned.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't think it does. Aximand is the one who bears the most resemblance to Horus after all, even being nicknamed Little Horus, but even then i don't think its ever implied any of them are cloned.

If it's not implied in Horus rising it's most certainly mentioned in false Gods or Galaxy in Flames. I'm almost positive it's mentioned in one of them, but I could be wrong.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I'm almost certain none of the Horus Heresy books make any implication to any of them having been cloned from Horus. Obviously i can't really thoroughly confirm that without reading all of the first 3, but im still pretty sure they don't

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
All the Luna Wolves and later the Sons of Horus are lesser clones of their genefather, or Primogenitor - Horus Lupercal; whether or not they were chosen from the populance of Cythion (Spelling?) or were created from Terra and were the original Luna Wolves (Of whom Iacton Qruze was the last?) However, Horus Aximand, or Little Horus, resembled his genefather even more so than his brothers within the Mournival - Hence the nickname.

I should probably read Horus Rising once more to fully digress what is written there, but... the above is a summarative, albeit slightly crude, account.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Spelling. His name is Ezekyle, not Ezekiel. (EZ-uh-KYLE) :)

I don`t recall any mention of cloning in the HH novels, but it was mentioned as a rumour in the previous Chaos Codex (the awesome one that included real daemons).

Maybe that`s where you saw it?

·
Registered
394 Posts
It could be Little Horus actually now that you mention it, but like pb100 I thought it was hinted that Abaddon was a clone in one of the three first hh novels or some vague reference to it. But yeah I have no intention of re reading them either.

·
Registered
592 Posts
It could be Little Horus actually now that you mention it, but like pb100 I thought it was hinted that Abaddon was a clone in one of the three first hh novels or some vague reference to it. But yeah I have no intention of re reading them either.
It is even mentioned in the current C:CSM that Abaddon may be a clone of Horus.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
He isn't a clone of Horus any more than Lokin was.

·
Registered
929 Posts
may be a clone? sorry... no. none of the Luna Wolves were 'clones' of Horus. There is nothing in Horus Heresy series so far to say that any of them are. A rumor in a CSM codex does not eclipse the HH series, which is to be considered cannon.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
may be a clone? sorry... no. none of the Luna Wolves were 'clones' of Horus. There is nothing in Horus Heresy series so far to say that any of them are. A rumor in a CSM codex does not eclipse the HH series, which is to be considered cannon.
The codices are just as 'canon' as the heresy series, and in fact just as much as anything else with a GW or BL logo printed on it. Just because it hasn't thus far been mentioned in the heresy series (if memory serves) doesn't mean the rumour (which has been around for many years now, passing through several chaos codicies) doesn't mean it should be discredited.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well, if he is a Horus clone (and I'm not saying he is), it would make some sense as to why he was so desperate to stop anyone else from cloning Horus after the heresy. Maybe he didn't want the competition of another clone muscling in on what he thought was his rightful inheritance as ruler of the Black Legion. But again, this is pure speculation on my part. Hopefully the Horus Heresy series will shed some light on this at some stage.

·
Registered
84 Posts
even if it turns out he isnt, its a damn good bet that he planted the rumour in the Imperium.
Think about it, thats damn good psychological warfare right there, Horus being the proverbal anti-christ to the Imperial High Command and all, the lords of terra probably brick it just thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.