Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how often it comes up in the game, but can a model in terminator armor (say, a Black Templar Chaplain) with attached Cenobyte servitors still teleport into battle from reserve?

also, if you keep Terminators in reserve can you choose to have them walk on from the table edge or must they teleport in?

Thanks.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
They may choose to walk in if you like.

As to attached minions...that's a good question.

Can you even join another squad if you're accompanied by servators? Technically that makes you a unit and not an IC, doesn't it?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not in the case of cenobites, essentially all they do is carry holy relics, hold lituragees, and sprinkle holy water around, as well as wipe blood off the chaplains weapon so that it is still pure and not tarnished by the blood of xenos filth. in game they let me run farther foward if I take a wound and use the Riteous Fury special rule.

the fact is that a chaplain with these guys can attach to a squad, and they are kinda still useless (no gun, only a CCW) thier only purpose is to move you forward faster

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
In that case, I would chalk them up like the Librarian;s Familiar and say "Sure, why not."

But I don;t know the BT rules, so I can;t say how involved they actually are.

If they;re like techmarine servators then I;d say no, but if they;re like the helmet carrying midget, or a librarian familiar kind of thing, then I don;t see why not.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
in Chaplain Grimaldus's entry it states he's an IC despite having the cenobyte servitors, and its the same for the normal chappy. my spearhead force consists of Grimaldus, retinue and Sword Brethren Terminators in a LRC :wink: pure kick ass.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cenobyte servitors are listed as wargear in the armoury, and as they dont have a "T" next to them terminator chaplains cant take them anyway.
Problem solved:wink:

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Ah, well there you go. No T, no luck.

Come to think of it, I don't think Termi Librarians can have Familiars either.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oops, ive been doing that this whole time, guess I wont be using termi chaplain any more.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
are the servators all that great?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
for grimaldus they are. it counts as him carrying a Holy Relic, meaning if he is attached to a squad of Sword Brethren Assault Terminators and they all assault, every one of the termie gets +D3 attacks, that make a grand total of a max of 6 attacks each, and 3 of the termies have lightning claws so re-rolls to wound, and the other two have thunder hammers, so 2+ to wound anyway :wink: kick ass

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
where are you getting your info. Grimauldus only counts as having 1 holy relic and only if one of his servitors is alive.

also, a holy relic only grants +1 attack.

also someone asked if they were any good, Cenobyte servitors allow you to add an extra inch to the dieroll per servitor up to a maximum of 3, which means that If I am lucky I can charge up to 9 inches after your shooting phase, but before your assault phase, simply because you shot me once. In my book, I consider that to be very good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts