Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a Inquisitor with friends in the Munitorum, Navy and the general high places he can requisition a ship if he wants. But can he requisition weapons like cyclonic torpedoes, virus bombs or the like for his personal use? Technically with the full authority of the rosette he can but I doubt it's that simple. I'm guessing an Imperial Navy Frigate (doesn't matter which class) can have them fitted on right?

Cyclonic Torpedoes are primarily used on Astartes battle barges but I would think they operate much like the standard torpedoes. Orbital bombardment is always an option but even with brilliant weapons crews and ordinance officers it will take some hours and plenty of ammo.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Well look back at the HH, only the Warmaster and the Big E could authorize their use. So I would assume that only high ranking Inquisitors can request it now.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Any inquisitor can declare exterminatus for any reason. NOW whether or not they get nailed to the wall afterwards is a different story but I doubt it.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Is dow cannon? Doesn't matter anyway since they are one of the few imperial organizations with access to the weapons so yes they are the ones that usually drop them after receiving the request from the inquisition.

·
Registered
317 Posts
DOW may not be cannon, but in the SM codex, it states Chapter Master Calgar authorized exterminus, so at the very least Chapter Masters can.....now that I think of it, a Chapter Master can issue alot of orbital attacks....

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Remember that inquisitors, all inquisitors, have the highest levels of authority. They can demand, not request, anything they want no matter what it is; though that does not mean everyone will comply with those demands. (If you go demanding a chapter master give you control of half his chapter, good luck with that one.)

Taking control of a ship or fleet and declaring exterminatus on a world is well within their authority as agents upholding the Emperor's will. Whether they are actually doing his work, abusing that power, are right or wrong, none of that changes the fact that they have this authority and power to use as they see fit.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
"By the authoritity of the immortal god-emperor of mankind!"

Simple, Inquisitors say jump you say how high. They have the authority to do anything they like.

DoW is canon, technically anything that carries the GW logo had to have been approved by them and is considered canon

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
:laugh:I think I smell a troll.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Does anyone have any information on what kind of ships can use Exterminatus weapons? I'm guessing if Astartes can only use them (even if the order is given by an Inquisitor), the Inquisitor (Istvaanian) would have to pull some elaborate plots, schemes and lies in order to have a planet or two wiped out. Either that or purposely infest the planet with Genestealers, etc Because even though they have full authority it isn't as simple as it sounds. Sure he could order the destruction of a planet or two at a whim but he would have to answer to the conclave / ordos. And typically even if you were justified the decision makers wouldn't see it like that. Inquisitor gatherings are more about disagreeing, threatening and bitching than actually solving problems.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Remember that inquisitors, all inquisitors, have the highest levels of authority. They can demand, not request, anything they want no matter what it is; though that does not mean everyone will comply with those demands. (If you go demanding a chapter master give you control of half his chapter, good luck with that one.)

Taking control of a ship or fleet and declaring exterminatus on a world is well within their authority as agents upholding the Emperor's will. Whether they are actually doing his work, abusing that power, are right or wrong, none of that changes the fact that they have this authority and power to use as they see fit.
"By the authoritity of the immortal god-emperor of mankind!"

Simple, Inquisitors say jump you say how high. They have the authority to do anything they like.

DoW is canon, technically anything that carries the GW logo had to have been approved by them and is considered canon

In Soul Drinkers, Inquisitor Thaddeus needed info from the Mechanus on Soul Drinker info and names to other Adepts. He could not Demand anything from them. Instead he petition the Lord Inquisitor and he told him he could not demand anything either. Why, cause the Arch Magos would get piss and deny or make difficult for the Lord Inquisitor to get the crap he needed.

Point of story, the Inquisition can do alot to most. However, Chapter Masters, Arch Magos, Warmasters, super high ranking Adepts, ect can and have told Inquisitors to piss off and Inquisitors are force to play politics to get what they want.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
:laugh:I think I smell a troll.
No no no, I'm a NAZI, get it right. :p

Anyways, Inquisitors can demand, but that doesn't really mean that they'll get their way. In this, it just depends on the inquisitor. If they are respected people will probably do what they want, but if they're some nobody, they'll probably be just laughed off at best.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think that if you play a fair few games of Dark Heresy, you may soon get a reasonable approximation of just how often "demanding" things fails.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Or if you were to take a look at the C:SW. Lol

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
I think that if you play a fair few games of Dark Heresy, you may soon get a reasonable approximation of just how often "demanding" things fails.
Keep in mind that there are inquisitors out there who have enough backing and power to make full on their demands. If you have a decent sized fleet of ships at your beck and call, a regiment at your command, or powerful ties with a system governor; its not very hard for you to act on those who would dare to stand in your way.

If a magos is in possession of a device that you need, or he simply cannot have. He can deny you your demands all he wants, but if you have a fleet of warships and a size-able army with resources, you can put him in the tight position of either your way or death.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Keep in mind that there are inquisitors out there who have enough backing and power to make full on their demands. If you have a decent sized fleet of ships at your beck and call, a regiment at your command, or powerful ties with a system governor; its not very hard for you to act on those who would dare to stand in your way.

If a magos is in possession of a device that you need, or he simply cannot have. He can deny you your demands all he wants, but if you have a fleet of warships and a size-able army with resources, you can put him in the tight position of either your way or death.
Exactly, if an individual who has only just made it to the rank of Inquisitor makes demands they're not going to have any where near the de facto power behind them with some of the semi-autonomous institutions as, say, Lord Coteaz.

Inquisitor - Give me your secrets.
Magos - Do you have a warfleet?
Inquisitor - Ummm, no.
Magos - Piss off.

See how that works.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts