Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone explain to me how these are put into action? Can I do a full army of Inquisition or are they just allies, I know lord of the damned has a stand a lone army but it needs allies to be on the board during the first turn otherwise it's an automatic lost. What about Sisters of Battle are they separate to codex inquisition is codex inquisition separate to the grey knights codex? I'm just unsure how they all match up.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
They are all separate armies, still in Imperial faction. SO you can field them alone or allying them one with each other or with AM or SM :)

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
They are all separate armies, still in Imperial faction. SO you can field them alone or allying them one with each other or with AM or SM :)
While I understand what you meant by 'Imperial faction', I don't think that's correct in 7th ed terminology - as far as I know, units from Codex: Inquisition have Faction: Inquisition and units from Codex: Imperial Knights have Faction: Imperial Knights.

On-topic, all completely seperate armies. They simply have other ways of joining an army besides Allied Detachment such as the 1-2 HQ 0-3 Elites of Codex: Inquisition or whatever the Detachment organisation is for Imperial Knights instead of the 1 HQ, 1-2 Troops, 0-1 Elites/Fast Attack/Heavy Support of Allied Detachments.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
yes you are right, in game terminology a Faction (with capital F) is a precise term to call an "army". so, inquisition and IK have their own ally chart. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Also to add Legion of Damned do not auto loose the game after end of turn 1. Since I am pretty sure they have a rule where they can deep strike on turn one similar to DWA.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
They took the "auto lose" out of 7th, I think. Just like deep striking doesn't do dangerous terrain anymore.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah it's in there, top right hand corner of the victory conditions page. I saw a email sent and replied to by GW on the issue of Legion of the Damned, it said that yes due to this you need to have some allies on the board during the game turn otherwise you automatically lose.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
While I understand what you meant by 'Imperial faction', I don't think that's correct in 7th ed terminology - as far as I know, units from Codex: Inquisition have Faction: Inquisition and units from Codex: Imperial Knights have Faction: Imperial Knights.

On-topic, all completely seperate armies. They simply have other ways of joining an army besides Allied Detachment such as the 1-2 HQ 0-3 Elites of Codex: Inquisition or whatever the Detachment organisation is for Imperial Knights instead of the 1 HQ, 1-2 Troops, 0-1 Elites/Fast Attack/Heavy Support of Allied Detachments.
The Imperial Knights FAQ says Ignore the allies matrix, and it's an Imperial Faction army as per rule book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts