Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering (as a necron player) about using experimental rules in a game. It boils down to this. There is this thing from forge world for necrons call a tomb stalker. I was wondering if I could use it in a normal game, and if so, how? thx

cheers, Necronzzz

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Judging by It's price and size, It's not great; Ranking similarly to 'Blood Slaughterer of Khorne' (For chaos).

Can imagine It's just under 150 points, with probably about 12 12 12 or something.

There are probably rules for it in the Imperial Armour.

And something to learn; You can field anything in a friendly game, as long as it's ok with your friend/opponent. Just don't take it to a tourny, and expect to use it, unless you clarify before hand.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Most players accept IA rules and those printed by FW (an official partner to GW) as acceptable, therfore the Tombstalker is a heavy support choice, however tournaments are a completely different arena.

As a player about to face a Tombstalker in our play group I will tollerate it until it proves uterly borked, if this occurs then we will either agree a nerf to it or adjust the points. You need to judge your own playgroup and to a certain extent it depends on how silly the Tombstalker ends up being, but until then I would just make sure you state before starting a game that you want to use it, later we will see how it pans out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what would you do in a tournament?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Most tournaments have the accepted rule sources listed. Any questions can be directed to the tourney organizer. Typically, you can expect not to be able to use Imperial Armour or experimental rules, though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most tournaments have the accepted rule sources listed. Any questions can be directed to the tourney organizer. Typically, you can expect not to be able to use Imperial Armour or experimental rules, though.
dang! it would be kinda awesome:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.