Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll be playing annilihation mission, basically last man standing! 1750 points! I thought it would be fun to take a crazy khorne force so heres my list so far!

Zhufor - 645
4 Termie champs, 3 lc's on cf and hf
in a land raider

Kharn - 165

8 Zerkers - 208
SC with PF
8 Zerkers - 198
SC with PW (Kharn in this squad)
2 x Rhinos EA - 100

Blood slaughterer - 130

Dreadie - 105
PC ( will hide him by LR so if he goes crazy shouldn't do too much damage)

which leaves me 199 left over I believe!
Wasn't sure whether to take another dread!?
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Ok, i'm ill so i kinda can't be assed with other people's feeling, so i'm gunna bluntly state everything thats wrong with your list, in an attempt to benefit you.

Ok, Zuhfor you realise is still just a Chaos lord, not saying bad, love the model, Keep it.

Kharn is better in a LR with His Squad of 7, The termies can deep strike if you add some Personal Icons to the Zerkers.

The zerkers you've got right, par you need to drop one in the Kharn Squad so it makes the magic 8, which if your going to be a Khorne Player, you need to learn and respect or i'll personally slay you in the name of the Blood God for Blaspheming on my Lord.

Blood slaughterer. I can't even fathom how this has got here. As to my understanding, It's an Apocalypse Unit, Can't be taken in a Non-Apoc game, it's Statlines are proberbly in the Apocalypse Reloaded, OR the imperial Armoury, Which would DEFINATELY make it illegal in a game.

Dropping this gives you like 450 points to spend on 3 defilers 4x DCCW to fuck people's shit up.

Thats all i can really say, In the morning if you havn't resolved this i'll write my own attempt at a list and see what you think.

Also i don't know your model pool, so that'd help, Post here or PM me it.

Again, no offence intended, I apolagise if you are offended, but i dont really care.

Im an angry Khorne Motherfucker whos also ill, thus im more angry.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The blood slaughterer I believe can be taken in any force (1 TO 3) as it counts as a Heavy support choice as long as you have a zerker unit! Didn't think about dropping a zerker down to 7 consider that done! Not a fan of defilers! Zhufor is a chaos lord but with eternal warrior, pf and pw so I think he can look after himself esp when surrounded by his body guards! I did think about kharn in the LR but thought he could be my 'second wave' Model pool!? khorne wise this is pretty much it at the mo but I do have funds to pick up the extra bit here and there to flesh it out!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Hmm well, Im only just learning the basics of Apocalypse Through ForgeWorld items, so you'll have to forgive if i'm wrong.

And all i can say is Defilers are freaking Awesome. Don't hate :)

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
How about this?

HQ
• Khârn the Betrayer

165 points

ELITES
• 5 Terminators
- Icon of Khorne; 5 pairs of lightning claws
230 points
• 5 Chosen – Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns

TROOPS
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion with plasma pistol and powerfist; Rhino with combi-weapon
268 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino
243 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino
243 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• Defiler
- 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points

TOTAL:
1,749 points

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like it apart from the defilers! I've just picked up Zhufor and he blood slaughterer so I do really what to use them! can drop the dread! Are the chosen khornu enough?? what to be as fluffy as poss!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Doing some research;

The Blood Slaughterer can only be used with opponents consent before a game, If granted it takes up a single HS slot in a Daemons army.

It's got fan-made rules, But unless you actually have a copy of it's rules (if there is one)

I really don't know, I know you've just bought it, and want to use it, but im affraid i don't think you can field it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
The Blood Slaughterer (if we're talking about the same thing) has rules in Imperial Armour 7. It says it can be taken as a Heavy Support choice in a Chaos Daemons army OR a CSM army that includes Khorne Berserkers.

(I think) This is the kind of thing you couldn't use in official tournaments, but for casual play it should be fine. Just ask your opponent before the game begins, and have a Defiler as backup if he says no. Keep in mind a Defiler is slightly more expensive points-wise, so plan accordingly.

PS: I LOVE LOVELOVELOVE the Blood Slaughterer rules/model. I love the Battlecannon on Defilers slightly more however, so until i become significantly wealthier than i am now, no Blood Slaughterer for me :(

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I can't really help much as of here, I have no idea on it's rules so i can't give advice on what works around it.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do indeed have the rules for the slaughterer, and yes like zhufor I would have to check with my opponent before use and I'm sure they will be ok! If not I would use him as a dccw dread as he's too small to be a defiler! He's basically a monster in combat, between 4 and 6 S10 attacks in combat happy days! I've heard a lot of bad things about defilers and they seem so clunky!?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've heard a lot of bad things about defilers and they seem so clunky!?
I see what you mean..

That 72" range marine killing pie-plate, fleeting (certainly-not-clunky) 6 attacks-on-the-charge daemon possessed death machine with AV12 armour..

Awful unit.. grab yourself some possessed instead... :p

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
not to mention the 6 attacks are str10...

·
Registered
496 Posts
I do indeed have the rules for the slaughterer, and yes like zhufor I would have to check with my opponent before use and I'm sure they will be ok! If not I would use him as a dccw dread as he's too small to be a defiler! He's basically a monster in combat, between 4 and 6 S10 attacks in combat happy days! I've heard a lot of bad things about defilers and they seem so clunky!?
Chaos dreads are pretty shit they have a 1/6 chance of just turiing to your guys first turn and unsloading all their shots TWICE
also a 1/6 chance of them completely negating shooting and charging full speed to the enemy

Defilers however always have fleet and can shoot what they want at who they want :3

the only bad thing you wil;l ever hear about defilers is they are fire magnets, which in a Khorne list is a good thing :D

if they ignore the rhino's your KB's will fuck them up, if they ignore the Defilers they will fuck'em up :D

win win for you

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Win win for the Blood God.

And thats how he likes it.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And thats why you take dccw dreadnoughts with heavy flamers! And hence why I'm gonna take a blood slaughterer! AV13 is a little better too! @flame80010 I was on about the slaughterer not dreads when I said what he can do! he essentially (albeit crap version) has lash too!
Having said thisI see the reasoning and I feel slightly foolish about the defiler aspect but its also the fact that i'm not a massive fan of the defiler model! now soul grinders .... tahts a model esp the plague hulk thing!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
The problem is, Im not one of those idiots who like demand WYSIWYG in friendly games and stuff

but i'd proberbly say no to someone using a blood slaughterer. You'll find that people wont like you using it because it, they seem overpowered and if i literally don't know anything about it I'd just be like; "no use something else".

You'll find that alot.

·
Registered
496 Posts
And thats why you take dccw dreadnoughts with heavy flamers! And hence why I'm gonna take a blood slaughterer! AV13 is a little better too! @flame80010 I was on about the slaughterer not dreads when I said what he can do! he essentially (albeit crap version) has lash too!
Having said thisI see the reasoning and I feel slightly foolish about the defiler aspect but its also the fact that i'm not a massive fan of the defiler model! now soul grinders .... tahts a model esp the plague hulk thing!
then use Soulgrinders as your defilers, no one in their right mind will argue with it (as long as you make clear what it has on it)
Soulgrinders and Defilers are basicly the same thing except for the top (Defilers have a tank top Soulgrinders have a Deamon top)
but really i wouldnt let you use the blood slaughterer either... beause i have no idea what it is and i genraly only like people to play from the Codex's

i never do WYSIWUG though... Warhammer is rediculously expencive, so i have no porblem with people using Count-as models

Win for the Win god! :D
i mean...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts