Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i think this is what i'll do. using the revised list above, i'll drop a melta squad with the a rhino, so that brings me down to 3 troop choices, but frees up 256pts.
this will go towards a second DP with MoN, wings.
also upgrade the Termi squad, despite what i said before, i think they are a key point in this list (beauty of hindsight). make them all champs, for a close combat unit, with 1 chain fist, 4 combie meltas and heavy flamer with MoN. they will be riding in the LR, which will also be providing cover for at least one prince. so this is the second revision of the list we've all come up with...

DP, MoN + wings = 150
DP, MoN+ wings = 150

termis squad x 5, MoN + chain fist + 4 combi meltas+ heavy flamers = 280
LR, + dozer blade = 225

Plague marines x 7,champion+ power fist+ 2 x melta guns=221
attached to a rhino=35

Plague marines x 7,champion+ power fist+ 2 x melta guns=221
attached to a rhino=35

Plague marines x 7,champion+ power fist+ 2 x flamers=211
attached to a rhino=35

vindicator,+ deamonic possession=145

Vindicator,+ deamonic possession=145

Nurgle Defiler, + extra close combat arm=150

that brings to point count to 2003. which is spot on. but i had to drop warp time again on the DP cause of point constriction. but having 2 DP should still be good. hows that sound??

·
Registered
341 Posts
3 troop choices in 2k is risky. they put massive pressure on the 3 squads to capture objectives and what not. You're too attached to your defiler haha. if that went, you stopped giving your termies steroids, you would have points for a fourth plague squad with flamers, which evens out your horde capabilities

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
You could drop the termies and their LR as well as the Defiler which would free up enough points for a squad of 2 Oblits, another squad of Death Guard, warp time on the Daemon Princes, and quite possible enough points for a squad of chosen in a rhino with 4x meltas

My point = Termies are a lot of points and I find they just don't make their points in most games.

Cheers,
Chaosftw

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ok so if termies and LR go, thats 505pts.

another plague squad with flamers is 246pts
i like the defiler, it suits the theme of the list.
then a squad of 5 chosen with 4 meltas, MoN, and rhino = 215pts
and warp time on all the DP's
that brings me to a grand total of 2009pts

21 - 25 of 25 Posts