Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure this is the place to post this, as I thought a few people would get a kick out of it :)

About a month and a half ago, I purchased my second Basalisk from my local Independant Retailer (Canada). Obviously, I already had one, and I still have the empty sprues with a few un-used parts with the box, here in my home. So, I get home, and a few days later, I take a break from painting Cadians to open up the box and start assembling it, as there was a Mega-battle coming up I needed it for. About 5 minutes in, I'm looking through the box for the other half of the tank on a sprue, and guess what? It's not there :shok:

I know I didn't lose it, as I took off the plastic and opened it, and laid the sprues out on my bed. Even so, when I couldn't find it, and didn't remember putting it on the bed, I promptly looked around for it, to no avail. So I contacted the local manager, who emailed GW regarding the issue.

So with the next order from GW, I get another Basalisk. At this point, I'm slightly happy it's missing, as some pieces in the box will make some good terrain, and as far as I know, I get to keep both for the cost of one, so I'm good with it, although I'm dissapointed I couldn't use it in the mega-battle. So, I get home with my new box and a Land Raider Crusader, and after marvelling at the Crusader, remove the plastic from the box, and get the sprues out. Guess what? The same dang sprue is missing from the box!

So to recap, thats like 1 week of waiting to get a second basalisk from the company's mistake, to find another one that has the same mistake. Also, there was no change in the contents, belive me, it's impossible to build it without the sprue, you're building half a tank with no hull. See link below, it's frame B...

http://ca.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.ca?do=Individual&code=99120105015&orignav=10

So I email the manager again, who assumes it's an assembly line problem, and asks me to bring in both boxes to record the batch number, and inform GW of the repeated mess-up.

Awhile later, I am notified that they are sending two Frame B sprues from D.S. to replace them. As of yet, neither of us have heard of the results from the batch report.

So awhile ago, I was battling a BT player, and at the end of the game, the manager gives me the boxes of stuff my folks got me for Christmas that had to be obtained from Direct Services, and only one Basalisk box. Bewildered, I inquired as to why I only get one box back, as under my impression, the second was given to me by the company for their screw-up..She expained that aparently, they requested that the first box be returned, or something like that, so she had the other one put away to send back to the company, however I do belive it was on a shelf, but that doesn't matter. I don't intend to put the blame on the manager. I asked why she'd send it back, and get this, the company actually billed her the cost of the second Basalisk. I can't even comprehend that...it's beyond me.

So, hope you enjoyed the read, just like to give some love to the company that likes to provide us with low-cost :grin: models, and great service.

Sorry for the long read!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, guess I should say that she ended up giving me the box, with the following explanation...

Her sales rep had been changed awhile back, and he had billed her for it. She had just recently been put back on her old sales rep (I want to say it's Jeff Armstrong, but I'm not sure), who fixed the issue. All well in the end, but I still think it's sad..

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
GW has good service when it comes to stiuff like this.

Though it's usually faster to phone or e-mail GW directly rather than going through the store.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I had an issue with a missing part from a blister a year or so back... I made a phone call that lasted all of about 90 seconds and a few days later had the parts arrive in the post. Absolutely no complaints from me. Also consider that the model in question was out of production.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The staff at the gw store I shop/hang out at bend over backwards to deal with that kind of stuff. Had a necron sprue that was incomplete. Showed them and they ordered me a new sprue. Didn't even keep the messed up one. So I ended up with 2 extra warriors and 1 scarab extra. fNot to mention all the over the top assistance in helping us build,paint,give ideas to,etc.. #1 customer service there.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I generally have pretty good luck getting replacement parts when stuff is missing/damaged when I get it. I did have a box a while back that had deformed Orcs in it-- the feet were just sort of...knubs, for lack of a better word. So, I called up GW, and they want me to send them the sprues. That was fine, until they told me they also wanted to bill me to ship the replacement sprues. I looked at how much shipping two ways was, and by the time it was all said and done, it'd have been cheaper to have just ordered the sprue via Direct Order than ship things around. Kind of annoyed me, really... so I have some knubby Orcs repaired with my somewhat questionable sculpting skills. You'd think boots would be relatively easy to do, too...

·
Registered
598 Posts
i once heard someone got sniper weapons instead of reaper lauchers in an eldar dark reaper blister..he kept them

·
Registered
811 Posts
yeah, if you get messed up models, call the hotline and work directly with GW. I complained about my slag covered metal bitz in my land raider crusader box, and they sent me a whole new box

You rock GW!

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> I've had nowt but good experiences when stuff I ordered has been missing/deformed parts. I got a box of Grey Hunters with no Space Wolves parts in it at all, phoned Direct, 2 days later 2 Wolves sprues arrived. I ordered a Dreadnought from FW, it arrived with broken legs, phoned, new legs got sent, but they were the wrong ones yet again, phoned back, nothing but appologies from fellow on phone. Finally the proper legs arrived, with a bonus auto-cannon for my dread. Great service all round me thinks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow, this seems odd, and must be a rare case. The employees at my local GW give some truely magnificent service. And the missing sprues seem odd too...

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Well, there was my infamous LRC complaint.
Despite the fact I was able to force it together and come out with a functional model,, they still sent me a whole new model lkit, personally inspected by their head of customer service and an apology for all the warped and miscast parts in the original.

I remember ordering a whirlwind launcher sprue (for my DP conversion) and the sprue was missing the large radar dish.

I didn;t need it for the convo but it was a cool bit and I wanted it, so I phoned customer service and ended up with a whole extra WW sprue...so now I have a WW turret and a JP for my prince ;-)

Yeah, they;ve got seriously good service

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Packing the wrong stuff is odd. I found a havoc blister with no marine body but 3 lascannons in it. I was pretty pleased to be honest, since I'm converting some oblitorators up and needed many guns. Just the job :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I ordered some Grey Hunters a while back, they sent me Blood Claws instead. I took them to the store, and they just gave me a credit for $35.00. Damn nice, considering all they had to do was give me a box of Grey Hunters.

So yeah, while GW's prices are utterly ridiculous, their customer service is top notch.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
as an example of a customer being awesome, one of the dads recently bought us a pizza as a thank you for being so awesome.

think about that... buy your staff something nice.

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts