Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this formation was one of those super exclusives that only came if you bought 5 Knights (the new ones) from GW directly.

The rules have leaked.

Without blowing up everything, he's the generic (non-copyright-breaking) version:

2 Wardens
1 Crusader
1 Errant
1 Paladin

Which means you must have at least 1920 points.

Every knight is WS5/BS5 and select heirlooms.

1 Warden is +1 WS/BS/Ion, rerolls hits in challenges, and adds +1A as warlord

The other Warden rerolls failed charges and hits in the first round of combat.

The Paladin, if within 6" of the warlord, can take hits for him.

The Crusader can reroll all 1s for the Ion Save, gives that to any other formation knight within 12", and gives Overwatch to those same knights.

Finally, the Errant has Counterattack and Interceptor.

I want to make one. At 2000 points it lacks a lot of toys to take advantage of its rules, but it'd still be sleek. Then as points go up, so do the Relics and carapace weapons.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I don't think it's as good as the Exalted Court in the Codex purely because being forced to bring that combination of Knights with little added benefit, but if you don't mind not having just a tonne of Crusaders then you could do worse.

The Baronial Court is totally the way to play an all-Knight army though, that thing is amazing.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm considering 4 Crusaders in 1850. They could all have carapace weaponry, and in the Baronial Court, it's basically a 3++ shield wall that nothing can get near.

But I really liked the idea of the Terryn 'characters'.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe a Warden. Maybe. But there's no ranged D out of the Imperial Knights. But even a WK is going to hate walking into a flurry of Thermal pie plates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts