Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently come back to heresy after a while away, and the first thing I've noticed is how quiet it is! Some of the most active areas when I left are now pretty much ghost towns. There's a tiny bit of activity, but mostly it looks like there haven't been new topics in weeks in most areas.

I remember the home brew fluff always being a great place for creativity and people discussing others work, but I put up some work on Friday and nothing at all. Is the site just dying?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
...I remember the home brew fluff always being a great place for creativity and people discussing others work, but I put up some work on Friday and nothing at all. Is the site just dying?
Actually I think the stats say we are busier now than we have been in months. My guess is that the activity is more localized than it was before the great hack. I don't think we've ever gotten back up to those levels of participation. The painting, news, and hobbying sections still have things going on.

My replies are also probably more stratified than they once were. I usually read and reply though the Tapatalk app from my smartphone, viewing the "Timeline" e.g. the most recent posts. Unfortunately, Tapatalk doesn't have an "Unanswered posts" feature like the full site.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm still a regular commenter, though since I've had little time to paint or game for years (read: none) I almost never start threads. And historically you and I read and post in different subforums so you probably won't see me in your threads often (just to be clear I don't mean that as a shot, just that we are interested in different parts of the site and contribute in different ways). If I recall you were focused more on writing and roleplay. I'm definitely focused on hobbying, modeling, painting, converting, sculpting, etc.

I know a reply here does't change a lack elsewhere, but we still have plenty of active users.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
@Romero's Own you might also want to check out the activity indicator at the bottom of the forum homepage.

As of this moment is says:

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums Statistics and Tendencies said:
Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums has 41,173 members, (1,039 were active in the last 120 days) and we have 13 new members this month, a change of +10.1% compared to may.
The forum contains 128,683 discussions, 60 we posted this month, a change of +17.9% compared to last month.
In these discussions, 715 new posts were made in this month, for a total of 1,499,147 messages, a change of +23.9% in june.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
For me the fluff has gone a bit stagnant, I have no interest in the Heresy and the present 40k timeline isn't really moving.

So I've shifted my focus to modelling and painting. I do plenty of it, but I'm not yet in the full habit of posting there with any regularity.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yeah ever since the great hack things have really slowed down here. I feel like it is slowly building back up but it is slow. I haven't posted much as I have little time for modeling until just recently. I also am starting a new job so that is taking a lot of my time up as well. I also mainly post in the modeling section. The fluff section is not an area I go into much but I do like reading it when I go in there.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I've become more of a click-and-chat kind of poster.

My primary focus is X-Wing, which so far has required no re-painting of any ships and my Bolt Action IJA have hit the skids with the Mrs starting a new job that adds an extra five hours onto my day with me dropping off / picking her up.
Sadly as stated, my hobby time - and indeed my energy for it - has dwindled to all but nothing. Hopefully things will settle down before not too long and I can break out the brushes again.

30/40k has totally dried up for me and everything will be getting packed away until such a time as I feel that spark of inspiration again.

On a constructive side of thing, my Bolt Action stuff isn't that far from completion and myself, @Logaan and a couple of others are planning to start up both an X-Wing Campaign and League so that'll be some stuff getting posted up :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts