Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My main opponents are Orks and Chaos SM, and they will be tooling up to beat me.

I know the Chaos player will have a highly upgraded DP, 2 Obliterators, and quite a few khorne berserkers, knowing what to buy to counter these would be great. The orks are classic foot sloggers, tons of Boyz with the PC Nob, a couple Trukks, and a squad of varied nobz to spread wounds with a warboss and painboy.

Right now my army looks like this:

Captain
5 Scouts, Telion, Snipers with ML
Tac Squad, ML, Flamer - Rhino
Dreadnought - Assault Cannon - CCW with SB
Dreadnought - Assault Cannon - CCW with SB
5 Terminators, Powerfists and 1 Assault cannon

This leaves me with 100 points of room, I'm also open to any suggestions as most of this was dirt cheap used or AoBR.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would take out the Terminators and add another tac squad. The Terminators wont last long if they are foot slogging or deep striking. Also might consider giving the tac squad sergeants power fists and combi weapons. This makes them very versatile. I don't have any experience with Telion, but haven't had much luck with scouts in my games, but it is personal preference. You need more firepower at long range. Maybe consider changing the dreadnaughts to rifleman dreads or adding some speeders. My two cents. Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would take out the Terminators and add another tac squad. The Terminators wont last long if they are foot slogging or deep striking. Also might consider giving the tac squad sergeants power fists and combi weapons. This makes them very versatile. I don't have any experience with Telion, but haven't had much luck with scouts in my games, but it is personal preference. You need more firepower at long range. Maybe consider changing the dreadnaughts to rifleman dreads or adding some speeders. My two cents. Good luck.
Okay, I've pulled the scouts and Termies for now, this is what Ive revised my list too, I have 210 points left, what should I spend them on?

Captain
Tac Squad - ML, Flamer, Sergeant with PF - Rhino
Tac Squad - ML, Flamer, Sergeant with PF - Rhino
Dreadnought - Assault Cannon
Dreadnought - Assault Cannon
210 Points remaining.

Im thinking either 2 Preds, one with Las and the other one striped down, some devastators with a razorback taken, or maybe 3 speeders?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts