Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Are super heavy vehicles immune to psychic powers? I think they were in the original Apocalypse book but I'm not sure about the current version or escelation or apocalypse. Escelation makes no mention of it but can I get some confirmation one way or the other?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
If you are using a super heavy from the apocalypse book, then yes, it can be subject to the power. BUT, if you are using a Forgeworld model, then it can only be affected by "Strenght" psy powers. This is because a faq in the Imperial Armour:12 that rules out this shit (specifically regarding a Necron Pylon). I found this surfing the net:

"Pg. 227 of Imperial Armour 12: The Fall of Orpheus. Under resistances it states that Super Heavy vehicles are immune to psychic powers (friendly or enemy) unless it has a given strength value. This is the book with the most up to date rules for the Necron Gauss Pylon and the Super Heavy rules are listed in the appendix section of the book. General rules for Warhammer 40k are that the rulebook is merely a guideline and the rules contained in your codex supercede those of the rulebook. There is no faq that states otherwise for apocalypse and there are no rules listed in the new apocalypse book for super heavy vehicles and psychic powers, therefore the more in depth rules apply, which are listed in the codex, I.e. Imperial Armour 12"

This is stupid and my gaming group will just consider it Heresy. But RAW (i hate RAW) only FW super heavies are immune to psy powers :shok:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts