Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Following the format of the last list, this thread will be for the remainder of the games for this escalation league I am in.

Same as before, I have to use the same HQ that I used in the previous game, which is loaded as:

Chaos Lord: Sigil of Corruption, Blade of the Relentless, Melta-Bombs, Daemonheart, The Slaughterer's Horns - 170

Depending on how he performs these next few games, he might get a mark as well, most likely Khorne.

The current game-point value is 1000 points. I lost my only 750 point game (schoolwork prevented me from playing the second), mainly due to bad dice rolls (the Chaos Lord failed to wound against Plague Bearers and in one round, my Chaos Marines all rolled 2's and 1's to wound out of 8 dice). The game was close, only loosing because my opponent had First Blood (the only two objectives were contested, thanks to his Bloodletters deepstriking on turn 4.

The list I have made for 1000 points is such:

Codex: Crimson Slaughter (everything has Fear)

Chaos Lord - as above

Chaos Space Marines: x9, Rhino, Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, Flamer, Replace Bolters with CCW.
Chaos Space Marines: x5, Plasma Gun

Raptors: x5, Meltagun, Melta-bombs
Raptors: x5, Mark of Slaanesh, Lightning Claws, 2x Flamer

Forgefiend: Hades Autocannon

The Forgefiend provides covering fire as the Rhino and the MoS Raptors advance. The second raptor squad will deep strike in to attack any vehicles that are hiding in the back.

The two small CSM squads will hold any rear objectives. The Chaos Lord and his squad will advance for any outward objectives, if any.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Chaos Lord - as above

nasty lord, even if he will be munched by 2+ models (if not properly boosted by the sword)

Chaos Space Marines: x9, Rhino, Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, Flamer, Replace Bolters with CCW.
agreed, altough i'd get a meltagun or meltabombs
one of this unit could become 15 cultists. sometimes more bodies can be useful. otherwise you are just 5 armor saves away from death

Raptors: x5, Meltagun, Melta-bombs
Raptors: x5, Mark of Slaanesh, Lightning Claws, 2x Flamer
honestly don't like those units. deepstrikers raptors are better replaced by 3 terminators w/3 combimelta. the slaaneshi raptors are just so costly and squishy...if you want to harass infantry you could go 4 bikers, powersword, 2 flamers. more resistant, more hits on the charge (HoW). However if you like to use raptors:
5 raptors, 2 meltaguns, combimelta
5 raptors, power sword, 2 flamers
You should afford this tweak with the cultists spared points

Forgefiend: Hades Autocannon
in this small pointset i'm usually against costly vehicles. i'd replace it with 6 havocs with 4 autocannons. but it's just personal taste.
just my two cents. cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts