Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Sounds about the usual quality of reporting from the Daily Mail, fear monging alamrist morons who seem to delight in putting the shits up the upper middle class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPEzM2oV-PY

That said I'm surprised it has taken them this long to come up with a link between wargames to a murder, hell some people are blaming Seth Rogan for that latest mass killing in the states. Nothing like putting the blame on something completely unrelated to draw the attention away from the complex issues of the very fucked up society we now live in that causes and then facilitates the criminal.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i kinda hope that the next killing involves a justin bieber fan doing the killing i mean lol

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Huh, couldn't just be that the dudes out of his damn mind. Nope, that would be to simple, and everyone knows the simple answer is always the wrong one.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Sounds about the usual quality of reporting from the Daily Mail, fear monging alamrist morons who seem to delight in putting the shits up the upper middle class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPEzM2oV-PY

That said I'm surprised it has taken them this long to come up with a link between wargames to a murder, hell some people are blaming Seth Rogan for that latest mass killing in the states. Nothing like putting the blame on something completely unrelated to draw the attention away from the complex issues of the very fucked up society we now live in that causes and then facilitates the criminal.
I'm thinking there's a good chance that they only put that in there because that's what his alibi was.

Also isn't it time to ban carving knives, they clearly lethal weapons with the way they're designed to cut meat.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Fuck me, way to go daily mail. My condolences to those involved but the mail should be ashamed of themselves for their abysmal reporting.

The game has become popular with players because of its 3D playing table and intricate building structures.
I've definetly noticed loads of people recently taking up a 20 year old game due to it's unique 3D playing table.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Just a great example of why not Journalists are not all equal. Crappy 3rd Party wesbite with a news article written by a moron.

May I just not they do the whole article on the Murder, the Marriage, and the psychoticness of the guy....................then NECROMUNDA!!! Just throw it in their for LOLS cause you cannot write a good article on what really happened.

Pathetic!!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Just a great example of why not Journalists are not all equal. Crappy 3rd Party wesbite with a news article written by a moron.
Unfortunately the daily mail is one of our longest running and most established newspapers.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Addressing a similar point, about the media circus that surrounded Mortal Kombat's original release.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27620071

Luckily, we can always rely on the BBC here in Britain to bring some sort of balance to the debate. Even if it is 20 odd years late!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Whenever I imagined wargaming being criticised by mainstream media for being violent I always thought of some liberal left 'mum of three' complaining in the Guardian.
That wouldn't be the Guardian. They tend to check their facts, even if they don't check their spelling!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds a lot like the sensationalist media here in Australia. Where even collecting small ceramic gnome figures is enough to send you on a homicidal frenzy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts