Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few days I have been talking with GW Digital in regards of the ePub books they are producing these days.
I was concerned mainly about getting them to display properly and I've got some pointers in that regard.

The big scoop however was this:

"On your second question,yes, they will be updated.
You can download an up-to-date copy at any time from the 'my downloads' section of your Black Library account.

I hope that helps,
Eddie"

AWESOME !

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That IS what the post says.
It just says available, not free. Was your question in reference to codices being updated to include FAQs or older versions of the codex being updated to their 6th edition counterparts? I would believe that FAQ updates would be free, but a whole new set of rules? I dunno.

Or is this about something other than rule books?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I am aware the only way for a download to get in to the "My Downloads" section of "My Account" is for it to have been purchased. Given that the answer says that all you have to do is go to "My Downloads" then I think it pretty clear that the update will be free.

The way it works I think is that you can always re-download your books from BL at anytime. I know I can still download eBooks I bought some time ago without a worry. Also my "Deathwatch" RPG books get updated and I can re-download them and get the latest version with out a worry.

So based on that I'm tipping they are free updates.

·
Registered
992 Posts
The way it works I think is that you can always re-download your books from BL at anytime
This is true and if you read the user agreement you "accepted" it states it blatantly. (along with a nifty stipulation that you can keep a single "print" copy of your ebook on hand.)

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I'm lovin' the print version allowance. Even if I take it to a HQ print shop the Codices will still be cheaper !

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Ah cool! I am unfamiliar with BL's policies so I didn't know that the only way for the file to be there was if it's already been purchased. Buying the hard copies of the 'dex is ridiculous if you are allowed one print copy. All I need with me is the army summary at games anyway, the fluff is non essential for games.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts