Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just got home from a large scale game in my friends basement. As the title suggests, it was amazing. 2 CSM armies against my Salamanders and my friends IG. As the title states, I was saved by IG's basilisks. My friend had 4 sitting back ready to provide covering fire. They were pretty much went unnoticed most of the game. The last of the reserves came in and I was facing a very large, very angry World Eaters army with far too many Beserkers for my taste. After movement, I noticed I was going to be assaulted no matter where I ended up..which is bad if you ever face Beserkers before. During shooting my friend realized his Basilisk's hadn't done anything, and decides to shoot at the Beserkers waiting to crush me. We figured he should go for it, as being hit by a scattered basilisk shell wouldn't matter, I was going to be wiped out anyway! He fired all 4 cannons, AND NOT ONE SCATTERED!!!!!! Each shot was dead on target, taking out whole units of Beserkers, enough for me to punch through when I fired. We ended up with a draw, but it was the most amazing display of luck I have ever seen. Who would have thought, the Mighty Salamanders being saved by the Imperial Guard????

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Thats pretty awesome, I had something similar with a couple of demolisher cannons, needed them to get dead on target to take one squad out, and it did it :p.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was indeed! Alot of casualties were suffered though. I lost almost my entire force, which maxed out the FoC, mind you! I was down to Forgefather Vulkan He'Stan, his Firedrakes "bodyguards", Vanguard Veteran squad (w jump packs), one combat squad and a lone, Immobilized Predator Destructor. The Basilisk's wiped out, in total,

3 units of Beserkers
1 Predator (with the help of a Lascannon HWC)
2 CSM Tactical Squads (with my Terminators charging after the Basilisk volley)
Immobilized a Defiler
It also weakened a Greater Daemon of Khorne, so I could kill him with the auto cannon on the Predator. (Vengeance for killing my Chaplain!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts