Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything you ever did that you wish you could take back in 40k (that wasnt luck of the dice)? Like a argument that you wish you never had or a stupid chocie that cost you the game.
Mine- I placed 2/3 of my army (IG) within 4 inches of a banblade in apoc. It got hit my a melta on turn 3, went nuclear,killing almost all of my guardsmen,my command squad and my freinds terms and chapter master.It was my baneblade to. I was left with a unit of ratlings and a commisar who had survied some how. I learned that super-heavys look safe to hide behind untill someone hits it with an metla....... advise to you is dont hide behind anything that is green,tracked, and has a huge proflie. You will die.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually this one is one of my friends EPIC fails.

We were playing a friendly game back in 3rd edition. He had Orks and I IG. During my turn I threw a Hellhound out from reserves at full throttle, bringing it all the way down to his BIG block of Nobs surrounded by gretchins. I failed to even wound a single one of his small runts during my shooting phase.
Come his shooting phase one of his 'eavy boys took a Multi Melta and shot my poor Hellhound to pieces. However he rolled so well on the armour penetration list, that it went up in BIG ball of flames, covering all of his Gretchings and Nobs in burning promethium and ended taking out 2/3 of them.
His voice was some what strained, when he tried to taunt me: "Well at least I took out your Hellhound."
To which I calmly replied this "Well then it's a good thing that I've a backup" and showed him my strategic card, called reinforcement, which gave you a exact copy of any casualty you've suffered.
The look on his face was priceless. :laugh:

·
Registered
109 Posts
My only epic fail so far is when one of my marines died by getting killed by "Gets hot!". Rolled a 1 then another 1 :(

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Well its not 40k but its fail enough to hopefully get a smaile from some people so I thought I would add it: Im starting a WE army for new WFB and have been playtesting it... yesterday I was against a khorne WoC list and I was laughing because I would just advance into their charge range, flee, rally and do it again, all the time shooting them. This works fine with eagles and glade riders... but somewhat fails when it comes to dryads since they are immune to psychology and cannot flee :cray:
yes, I did get to that point where suddenly I go flee, my opponent says nope and he's left in combat with 2 of my ItP units (runnning through to the third)... in 1 turn I lose 300pts of units from a moment of pure fail. Im just thankful that I didnt have anything valuable hiding behind them or it would have instantly cost me the game.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I remember unloading 102 shuriken shots into my mates 6 man sqaud of TH, SS weilding assault termies, which were right in front of my lines within charge range. I managed to roll 57 wounds in total with the help of doom. Only 2 termies died from the hail of shots and then proceeded to kick crap out of me in combat:angry: I couldn't believe his luck and i still get him throwing it in my face to this day:threaten:

·
Registered
365 Posts
On turn two my Rhino Immobilized itself. On turn three I told my opponent I was going to try to fix it. I failed for two turns until it was blown up real good.

On turn five my opponent immobilized his rhino. On turn six he repairs it. I fail to kill it on turn seven and he moves it to contest an objective and win the game.

He tells me he never would have thought of repairing the rhino if I had not done it first.

Epic Fail.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Starters day at GW

I had 10 stormboys, and they never made it over to the enemy. and they never shot at them. I lost 10 stormboys because of that movement rule. Buggers.

Also lost 2 ork bikeriders on one space marine biker, in melee. with me charging...in one round..........

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ugh, last game I played against IG.

My assault squad is hiding behind a large hill, well out of sight of all the lascannons and missile launchers.

When his Valkyrie arrives with outflank they eat a hellfury missile, and kills a bunch of them. I tell him I won't forget about his stupid str 8 large blasts showing up again. I disembark a tactical squad to kill off the vets that came from the valk, leaving them all in a nice little clump.

Next turn, ol' Marbo shows up with ....ANOTHER STR 8 LARGE BLAST. There goes another squad.... I pretty much got tabled that game by an almost all infantry IG list.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Back when VDR was around a kicking our club had half yearly long tournament type thing of goodies versus badies. At the time I was using DE and had (literally) cobbled together a massive super-heavy tank for the final match (10k points, well before Apoc was even considered), just think Ravagers on steroids. Anyway put it in the open because of course the pesky Marines couldn't drop it first turn. 1 ML = 500 pts gone.

·
Registered
795 Posts
One time tactically, and I have no idea what I was thinking, even the guy running the tournie was scratching his head, I decided because of the long range of my Dark Reapers I could put them way back. Unfortunately in this tournament whomever won the roll off could pick any table edge to be their deployment zone. My opponent won and placed all his guys on the short board edge. I like an idiot placed my Dark Reapers way back and I mean WAAAAAAY back. Now say if I were playing DE or Orks, Tyranids, an opponent who would gladly run into range of my 48" Launchers, nope I was playing against a Tau player and he kept his entire force on the short table edge he deployed in. Needless to say the only thing that survived that battle was my Dark Reaper squad who even after 3 turns of movement were still not in range of shooting anyone.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Probably the time my Chaos Terminator Lord survived the firepower of, in turn, 3 Devastators, 2 Tactical Squads, 1 Dreadnought and an Orbital Bombardment without a scratch.

And then died to bolt pistol shots from the 3 remaining Scouts my opponent had...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've had a Farseer manage to wound himself three straight turns in a row with perils of the warp. This is of course remembering the ghosthelm too.

My opponent didn't even have to shoot at that unit for my HQ to die. :(

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had the Doom of Malantai Drop Pod in, scatter away from all targets, miss with his Blast and take 3 wounds putting him to 1.
Then The pod he was in, it's cluster spine scattered back and killed the Doom.

All in the space of about 1 minute.

Thats my Epic Fail

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The time my SM commander failed to kill a single grot in assault. I don't think I'll ever live that down...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Two death guard rapid fire the Plasma Guns. Each rolled a 1 and a 2. Armour save was a 2 for both. Fell No Pain was a 2 and a 3. Both died.

In the same battle, a Death Guard Champ. charged alone a mob of 13 orks. He ended killing all.

Epic fail both for my and my friend that game...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I am the Epic Fail really.

I remeber 1 epic fail when Methiston charge a unit of normal Termintors and failed kilkl a single one and then get so many fists into his cheat you where he was a pinyata. He took 4 wounds and then the cherry on top is that he failed 1 of his armour saves for fearless and died.

I alos remeber anyother with my lone Fire dragon exarch. I had more or less lost the game and all may oppoent needed to do was kill my only modal left and he was on his turn 4......the failed and the game not onyl went till turn 7! but the exarch took over half the Tactial squad down in that time. Best 12pts i have ever spent.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
My Ultramarines versus a combined Dark Eldar Chaos Marine force during the slightly odd days of 3rd Edition.

I get first turn.

Movement is uneventful.

First shot of the game is Terminator with Assault Cannon; which explodes killing the bearer.

Every other shot misses or fails to wound.

Enemy slightly more successful.

By enemy Turn Three most of my army is gone; their shooting deals with everything other than a lone Techmarine.

The Techmarine is charged by a Great Unclean One.

The Techmarine heroically swings his spanner and actually causes an unsaved wound before being reduced to goo.

The question is whether the fail was mine, or my opponents for not sending something with high initiative into the final close combat to deny me even that last chance at a wound.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
the time i forgot to disembark my khorne berzerkers from their rhinos, twice in a row, my god, how i failed.:headbutt:

·
The Omnipotent
256 Posts
When i had my DE lord (Archon) with Incubi and warrior bodyguard in a raider. And forgot to move them, leaving them in the sights of a very bic IG tank. Not cool.:suicide:

·
Registered
25 Posts
A while ago a friend just finished a bunch of IG, and he wanted to try them out on my eldar. By turn three I had wiped out most of his forces, since he had most of his army as guardsmen. He has 2 squads left, one missing about half of it's men. He then proceeds to pull a draw, against harlequins, reapers, and 2 squads of warp spiders WITH exarchs. Please tell me if somethings wrong here. I still tell him he cheated somehow.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts