Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks

So I'm looking at using the new Raven Guard Bladewing Assault Brotherhood tomorrow (Yes, I know it looks terrible, but there is a cunning plan) and It occurred to me that I will hopefully be breaking out of combat in the movement phase.

I'll be treating it similar to Hit and Run and as such I'll be letting my opponent consolidate, however I was curious if anyone had come across anything that allows consolidation RAW.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
If a blast template scatters onto your combat and (hilariously) kills the opposing models you don't consolidate, you're just left standing there. Likewise, I would assume that if combat ends with a unit disappearing to Deep Strike Reserve the other unit would be left standing there.

I think Veil of Darkness from the Necron book does something basically the same as the disengage rule from the new Raven Guard Formation, anyone have that book handy to see if it says the unit left behind consolidates?

EDIT: I now wonder at the wording of when Consolidation happens. No BRB for hours though, currently killing time at a jobsite waiting for the (late) crew to show up.

As an added bonus, here's the Formation our OP is talking about explaining how they can leave combat in the Movement Phase:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Pretty sure the other unit would just sit there as they were until it's their turn. Then they would be forced to move in a way that got them all within 2" of each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts