Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says...has the empire ever actually permanently lost a world to xenos or chaos?

I know they have gotten kicked off planets, but don't they just return with an exterminatus rendering the point moot?

Has there even been a world they lost that they didn't just nuke afterwards?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have lost planets to the nids. There is no tale of what have happned to the planet Blacklanding lost to the orks before the invasion of Rhynn's World.

But didn't they just nuke those world afterwards? If they didn't, then why not?

I'm assuming the nids are a dangerous enough threat that you don't want to leave them in control of a world.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The orks are entrenched on many formerly human worlds, the imperium just cant get there. Or look at all the dark mechanicum forgeworlds. Some of them was loyal, before they turned renegade.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
But didn't they just nuke those world afterwards? If they didn't, then why not?

I'm assuming the nids are a dangerous enough threat that you don't want to leave them in control of a world.

The nids don't control a world. They consume all biomass and move on. No point to nuke a barren rock.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Adding to all that, yes the Imperium has permanently lost world's in the past. Some planets have been transformed into daemon workds, where not even the likes of an exterminatus can do anything (hell on some daemon world's they thrive off that.)

Then there are Necrons tomb worlds and workds that are destroyed (during the Gothic war Abbadon used the planet killer to blow up whole planets.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts