Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So... fed up of ghey elves punking my Warriors and Ogres; so i've decided to cheese up a mobile empire gunline for my local club on thursday. Hoping to team up with dwarfs, probably against ghey elves and Lizards.

Either way i think it'll kill just about anything regardless!

What do you think?

Lvl4 Wizard Lord of Shadow (300)
Seal of Destruction
Holy Relic

Captain BSB (124)
Heavy Armour
Talisman of Preservation

Warrior Priest (117)
Armour of Meteoric Iron
Shield

Master Engineer (75)
Warhorse

Master Engineer (65)

Master Engineer (65)

Flagellants (x30) (310)
Prophet of Doom

Handgunners (x10) (105)
Champion with Hockland Long Rifle

Handgunners (x10) (105)
Champion with Hockland Long Rifle

Halberdiers (x34) (182)
Standard/Musician

Outriders (x5) (134)
Musician/Champion with Hockland Long Rifle

Outriders (x5) (134)
Musician/Champion with Hockland Long Rifle

Outriders (x5) (129)
Musician/Champion

Great Cannon (100)

Great Cannon (100)

Mortar (75)

Mortar (75)

Mortar (75)

Helstorm Rocket Battery (115)

Helstorm Rocket Battery (115)

TOTAL = 2500

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Army looks good. Only 2 things - your leadership is low, so take a BSB! re roll will be invaluable.

second, your lore of fire wizard points are over, hes currently at the points of a level 2 so i belive you mean a leavel 2 lore of fire wizard.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I'd be tempted to drop a cannon and add some of the better weapons options on your engineers so the can do something while babysitting your artillery even if it's just a couple of repeater rifles for defence or pigeon bombs for amusement.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were debating pigeon bombs last night over an ale or 10 and i used to have them plus maybe with Hocklands. Find myself needing to use the re-rolls so often that the upgrades became redundant!

Btw you're dead right, the 2nd is a lvl 2... it was done in a rush... updated now.

BSB, well i know what you mean, but to be honest the flagellents are unbreakable and if they get to the halberd unit i've already lost anyway... the debate continues! I always have one in every chaos or ogre army i pick automatically. Just not sure its worth it for a shooting army.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that didn't take long... going to dump the lvl2 and get the BSB in there for pure fluff factor!

Only really need one magic user anyway as everything will be going on making the gheys rubbish in combat and stupidly weak and shootable!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
With the points you have left (the mighty 2) i would like to suggest: Additional hand weapon on the Priest. Though I believe its 2... but double check!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Personaly i would swap the swap the flagellants for a horde unit of halberdiers and buff the other unit to a horde.
Flagellants aren't great vs HE's due to the amount of S3 attacks you will be recieving.

If you can try and squeeze in another warrior priest , 2 horde unit of halberdiers with hatred is awesome.Both of these should give you a real solid block of defence if the guns don't kill everything.

Also i don't many of the point values for gear at the moment , but wouldn't a enchanted shield be a better idea instead of the talisma on the BSB? You would get a 2+/6++ save which is quite good imo for empire.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personaly i would swap the swap the flagellants for a horde unit of halberdiers and buff the other unit to a horde.
Flagellants aren't great vs HE's due to the amount of S3 attacks you will be recieving.

If you can try and squeeze in another warrior priest , 2 horde unit of halberdiers with hatred is awesome.Both of these should give you a real solid block of defence if the guns don't kill everything.

Also i don't many of the point values for gear at the moment , but wouldn't a enchanted shield be a better idea instead of the talisma on the BSB? You would get a 2+/6++ save which is quite good imo for empire.

Considering the BSB gives an extra 100VPs if killed, and i lose re-rolls for break/panic; i'd really rather stick with the 4+ ward.

I like flagallents as people have to deal with them. They have been slaughtering undead and blood knights so as much as they aren't always a great thing against the ghey; i wont drop them for hell for their general purpose.

List must play all; and people seem to magnetise towards those guys. That said; i do like the halberd units with hatred especially when the opponent in combat has been whithered or enfeebled!

Only made 40 of them though, got another 80 to glue together still...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts