Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So although I haven't really got an Empire army more, I still have bits and pieces here and there and I'm really tempted to start a fresh brand new 1k army (although I really want to do Bretonnians). I wanted to do some modelling and I thought about making a gun emplacement for an empire great cannon, this is how far it's got so far, although I've since added a barrel, a rammer, a pile of cannon balls and some cross sections for the walls.

I was wondering if I could get some tips as to what to do next, I'm already planning on putting gravel etc on the floor and I've also ordered some Bretonnian stakes from the longbow box to put in front of it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
How about a kettle hanging over a fire or a still? Something to make it seem lived in with a touch of humour. Maybe even a chicken sitting in a nest of straw

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about a kettle hanging over a fire or a still? Something to make it seem lived in with a touch of humour. Maybe even a chicken sitting in a nest of straw
I could put a monkey holding a little barrel or something on top of a barrel. After putting the crew in there's actually not that much space.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If you can get in there with a tiny dremel on a slow speed then you could add some "graffiti" carvings into the wood, like someone carving the name of a lover or even his own name. Perhaps some propaganda-like message from the empire.

If you could build up the mud a little bit then have the wheels sunk into the ground with the "stock" of the cannon really dug into the ground and forcing the mud up some from where the recoil has dug it into the floor.

I love the idea of the little kettle or a spot where a fire was burning recently.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can get in there with a tiny dremel on a slow speed then you could add some "graffiti" carvings into the wood, like someone carving the name of a lover or even his own name. Perhaps some propaganda-like message from the empire.

If you could build up the mud a little bit then have the wheels sunk into the ground with the "stock" of the cannon really dug into the ground and forcing the mud up some from where the recoil has dug it into the floor.

I love the idea of the little kettle or a spot where a fire was burning recently.
I was going to have some wood under the wheels so that it looks like they've put it there to allow it to recoil smoothly, but then having the wood surrounded by mud as well the rest of the ground by using polyfilla, perhaps putting a layer of the new stirland mud over it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.