Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm having my first battle with empire soon and I was wondering if detachments could still countercharge (or give support fire, for that matter,) if the parent unit flees from a charge (and the charging unit thus fails their charge).

Nothing in the rules seems to say it can't, but it isn't explicitly stated it can either.

Regards,

Tall

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do not believe there would need to be an explicit rule statement for this as for all intents and purposes the charge was not a charge therefore a counter charge and stand and shoot is not an option. I would be very surprised if this was not the case. If your opponent claims the detachments can still fire/counter ask them to show you the rule or argue that it makes no logical sense in the current game framework as it is a failed charge.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Page 38, very last line - a detachment cannot use any of the detachment rules if it's parent unit is fleeing OR if it has declared a flee charge reaction.

So no I'm afraid, there is a specific rule against it. If the parent unit flees, there's no countercharge or support fire possible.

Hope that helps :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts