Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I don't if you've all heard but Black Library has just gotten a fantastic award, specifically for Graham McNeill, as the author has won the David Gemmell Legend Award for the 2nd book in the Legend of Sigmar series.

Very well deserved as it's a great book, one of my favourites from Fantasy alongside Heldenhammer.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Im pleased for Graham as he`s a truly fantastic author, who is often in the shadow of Dan Abnett, and dosen`t receive the praise he`s due. I thought Empire was a well-crafted sequel to Heldenhammer, and im looking forwards to God King. That said, im awaiting Caledor far more :p

... With praise finished, and as I have read nearly all the books from the finalists, and thus I believe im exempt from this: Was it truly fair? Don`t get me wrong, I think Black Library out in the ''real world'' dosen`t receive enough credit for author`s like Abnett and McNeill as it deserves in my opinion, but think of the sheer numbers of fans on the Black Library site who would have voted for Empire who 1) have not read it, or 2) have read it, but none of the other finalists. Dosen`t seem particularly fair to me, although of course there would be similar bias in the voting for other popular books; lest I sour this victory:(

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Excellent :biggrin:. All congratulations to Graham McNeill, he's gained some well-deserved reputation and acclaim, and hopefully this will get more people interested in the Black Library.

I haven't read Empire but I hadn't read any of the others either so it was obvious where my vote was going. Because if Empire was even one quarter as good as A Thousand Sons it deserves the award.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Can't agree with that mate. I've never read a Graham McNeil novel and thought it was anything but BL shit. :)

Same as the oscars though I suppose, if every film is shit its a case of least shittest film wins it that year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts