Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so it will be my first game tomorrow im using basicaly what i have so only things could change would be the magic im taking. ive worked out its 1997 points is that ok ? and anything rediculously bad you could comment on ? all c&c welcome thank you

Lord:
wizard lord (300 points)
level 4
armour of tarnus
dispell scroll
sword of righteous steel

Heroes:
Master Engineer (162 points)
Hochland Long Rifle
Light armour
Shroud of Magnus
pigeon bombs

Battel Wizard (155 points)
Level 2
Warhorse
Doomfire Wing
Sigil of Sigmar

warrior priest (146 points)
dispel scroll
armour of meteoric iron

core:

5 knights (181 points)
standard bearer
banner of the demonslayer

25 swordsman (284 points)
full command
detachment:
8 handgunners
9 halbediers

25 spearman (279 points)
shields
full command
detachment:
8 handgunners
9 halbediers

Special:
Great Cannon (100 points)

Great Cannon (100 points)

mortar (75 points)

5 outriders (105 points)

rare:
hellblaster volleygun (110)

so basic tactic will be hold out on a hill as long as possible hoping ill put pressure on the enemy with my artillery. i think its best to keep things a bit basic for a first game. thanks for reading

·
Registered
442 Posts
well wizards cannot have armour unless it states otherwise knights need to be bigger 2 why 9 halbediers and not 10 swordsmen and free company is the way 2 go also where are your flagellants massive road block unit

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
again as stated that is all i currently have i bashed it together last night its just as a first game.

the armour of tarnus as stated allows my wizard to have armour and still cast spells.

the 9 halbediers will be there to make a flank charge and give a nice str 5 attack where as the swordsman and spearman are solely anchor units there to just survive and hold off any attackers while my artillery does its job.

i know its not the best army but i was just looking to see if i was going the right way about things ? next week i will purchase more knights and the army will be altered alot

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
The master engineer can't take magic items even though he's a hero as it doesn't say he can in the army book.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see i thought that aswell as someone posted that way of doing it hmm any thoughts of were to get another 50 points from?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
10 free company for misdirection and drawing out fanatics or just screening the artillery would be how I'd use up the points.
Failing that drop the magic sword on the wizard as you realy don't want him in combat and add that to the 50 pts to get more handgunners.
I'm not sure that warrior preists get access to arcane items either so I don't think he can have a dispel scroll(I may be wrong but I don't think so) But as the warrior preist is a combat character a magic sword would suit him better anyway something like the sword of battle.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i just played this list thanks for all you comments i reworked a couple of bits such as the shroud of magnus and more knights. it was a lost mainly down to terrible deployment but all in all was a close enough game :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
personally if i were you, i'd swap the outriders for pistoliers. because the outriders are move or fire, they are too static, whereas the pistoliers can outflank your opponent and act as a march blocker to slow them down thus allowing the artillery to fire for longer. same with the 5 strong knights though they can then charge in on a weakened enemy once the artillery has done its job!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that was the initial plan

ill definately be replacing the outriders for pistoliers and i ended up with 6 knights and they were amazing i shot the hellblaster at a block of knights killing i think 6 there was 8 or so left and i just held them for two turns with the knights i had was really handy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts