dirge casters
demonic possession
havoc launcher

what does anyone think of this list will it do well

·
Registered
803 Posts
Lucius

Good themed character. Who is he travelling with?

lord
terminator armour
combi melta
slaanesh
blissgiver

No other Terminators, so I guess this guy is alone. Pretty much his only roll then is a suicide unit, deepstriking in a meltaing a vehicle. There are better units for this roll, see comment on Chosen. This guy is also decked out for CC, which he won't survive to get into no matter how you deploy him. I would strongly suggest a Lash Prince instead. Cheap, and extremely competitive.

10x chosen
champion
pair/lightning claws
lascannon
meltabombs
3x power weapons

This squad could use some serious help. These guys are currently kitted out for both CC and ranged fire support, with no transport to get them into position for either. You should specialize. I would suggest dropping the champ, dropping the squad size down to five, taking 5x meltas, and putting them in a rhinio. Great for a outflanking tankbusting unit.

noise marines x10
champion
doom siren
power weapon. X2
9x sonic blasters
blast master

Once again you have taken upgrades for both CC and fire support...and again no transport. The doom siren champ is wicked in CC; the blastmaster is a great (though very expensive) long range fire support weapon. One or the other will always be wasted during games. I would suggest dropping the squad size down to six or seven and dropping the blastmaster, and putting them in a rhino. And you can't take more than one power weapon, so I'm not sure what the x2 means..

5x raptors
champion
pair/lightning claws
plasma pistol
slaanesh
2x flamers

These guys aren't bad. I personally opt for taking meltas, but flamers can come in handy as well. Overall I avoid Raptors as I don't think they are durable enough to survive the flight up the field.

2x spawn

Ugh. This is a personal choice, but I would leave these on the shelf.

2x obliterators

Great! You need another squad of these bad boys.

vindicator
dirge casters
demonic possession
havoc launcher

All a Vindi needs is DP. Drop the other upgrades.

Couple of things:

1) You need more mobility. Most everything that can be in a rhino should be.
2) You need more troops. I'm at work so I can't put this into army builder, but I don't see how this list is anywhere close to 2000 points. You should have more points to put in more noise marines or MoS vanilla marines.
3) You need more ranged fire support. Add a second squad of Oblits.

Emperor's Children are a fun theme to run with. And they can be very competitive. Good luck! =)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The X2 means there are 2 squads both have the same upgrades
I can take off the terminator armour on my lord the dirge casters on my vindicator along with the spawn that'd be enough points for some rhinos and extra so I'll take 4 meltas with my chosen and leave my champ with the claws
I don't want any normal CSM only noise marines

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lucius

Good

lord
terminator armour
combi melta
slaanesh
blissgiver

Pretty much without a place, instead i'd go with a lash sorceror

10x chosen
champion
pair/lightning claws
lascannon
meltabombs
3x power weapons

As Zanden said go with 6man melta choosen, or 3 meltas/2 flamers for take all comers

noise marines x10
champion
doom siren
power weapon. X2
9x sonic blasters
blast master

Again Zanden's advice is solid, these squads are a mess. Downgrade them to 6man (slaanesh's sacred number) and try to specialize every squad for a pourpose (see advice below)

5x raptors
champion
pair/lightning claws
plasma pistol
slaanesh
2x flamers

Take off plasma pistol, they need more bodies, 6man fluffwise, but i suggest at least 8

2x spawn

take em off, they have no place in there

2x obliterators

Good, try to go with another squad like this.

vindicator
dirge casters
demonic possession
havoc launcher

Again as Zanden said it needs only DP

Well, you only need to focus better on your troop squads, they are the core of the army and now in 5th ed they gets more importance since only scoring units can take objectives. With that being said let's talk about NMs sqads, i assume you whant to go with the fluff so every squad should be 6man or a multiple of 6 (but usually i prefer 8man in CC units) i suggest something like:

6 NMs
-2 SonicB, Champ w/Doom Siren, Power Fist, Personal Icon
-Rhino
225 pts

CC units, they go take/steal obj, you need at least 3 of these squads in a 2000pts game, only 2 SonicB because only 2 man can fire out of the rhino and to keep the squad cheap.

6 NMs
-3 SonicB, Blastmaster
-Rhino
210 pts

Cheap Sit-at-home units, great for obj holding and for some long range firepower.

With all these changes you should be able to go with: 2 HQs, 1MeltaChoosen, 4NMs squads (3 CC, 1 camper squad), 1Raptors, 2x2Oblits, 1Vindie. This list is way more flexible than your first, and you should do well against a lot of armies (not kitted for competitive plays anyway)

Hope this helps, good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts