Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I'm in a bit of a pickle. (Oh, its an apocalypse formation to those who don't know)

As Sentinels are my most favorite model in the entire Games workshp range but seem to be stuck on whether to make them all armoured Sentinels or have a mix of Scout and Armoured.

Mind you this is for asthetic Reasons and not really that much for gameplay.

Thanks Guys and Gals for your time! :victory:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Both are awesome, I am with you on that they are one of the coolest looking models in the 40k range. Back in 4th I used to run scouts (as they were the only type in the codex then) with heavy flamers and the droptroop doctrine. This was a deadly combo.

Now onto point, For a recon group I think that Autocannon Scout sentinels are pretty mint. I personally love the look of the armoured cockpit so what I do to distinguish my armoured and scout sentinels is use the fully enclosed cockpit (the armageddon pattern cockpit with the lights on top) as my armoured sentinels and then I use the other armoured cockpit (the one where you can see into the cockpit from the top) as my Scouts, as it is still "open topped" :wink: I play winter-guard so having a completely exposed cockpit is a little impractical even for my scouts.

My favorite build for the sentinel would be an armoured sentinel with a plasma-cannon. It really throws my opponents off their game, being used to a static gunline and then having to contend with the plasma cannons roving around. I use Creed and have a squadron of armoured sentinels outflank using his special rule, when I don't feel like having a sneaky Russ in the enemy backfield. Used in concert with one outflanking Lascannon scout sentinel squadron and then an auto-cannon scout squadron, it certainly puts the hurt on an enemy, particulary with the aid of an astropath. Nothing scarier than sneaky guard :victory:

Sorry if my post seemed a little eclectic or if it did not answer the OP. Its wicked early here and I'm running on only a couple hours of sleep. I'm glad to see that more people than just me love their sentinels.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
i'm with widowmaker, even though i thinks thats a horses name in a western movie...., both is probably the right answer here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts