Close Combat Arm (2)
150pts

Chaos Land Raider
Extra Armor
Dozer Blade
Dirge Caster
275pts

1995pts

I was curious to see what Heresy's opinion of my recently typed up army list would be. I have been toying with the idea of perhaps trying to squeeze in another Noise Marine squad. I plan on testing it next weekend to see if I need that extra 'umph.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
It's not a bad list, just watch out for Dreadnaughts and other walkers. In a list with so many Powerweapons it'll only take a few squads getting locked in combat to make you feel the lack of Powerfists.

·
Registered
76 Posts
btw, i don't think you can have a Dozer blade on a Land Raider, how would they get out from the assault ramp if they had a massive Scoop in their face? :biggrin:
Chaos Terminator: "Son's of Chaos, Char- *thwack*!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not a bad list, just watch out for Dreadnaughts and other walkers. In a list with so many Powerweapons it'll only take a few squads getting locked in combat to make you feel the lack of Powerfists.
I included meltabombs to account for this. You can't use them on Dreadnoughts?
btw, i don't think you can have a Dozer blade on a Land Raider, how would they get out from the assault ramp if they had a massive Scoop in their face? :biggrin:
Chaos Terminator: "Son's of Chaos, Char- *thwack*!
This is true... I haven't thought about that issue. :p

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Wow, other than the defiler and my lord being on a bike, this is almost the exact same list I run. :p First thing that jumps out at me is your noise marine squads. Noise marines don't work as well when you have both a blastmaster and a PW or PF champ in them. The blastmaster tends to make the squad want to sit back and shoot from objectives and such while not moving, thus making the champ useless. And the champ wants to get in cc to start killing which makes the blastmaster useless. Both are quite expensive so having one that isn't being used to often is quite a waste. If you use the blastmaster, a 6 man squad is great. If you go with the champ, you're gonna want at about 8 guys in the squad. Next, I'd give one of the termis a heavy flamer. It's way to good to pass up for its point cost and it helps thin out a squad a bit before the brutal assault. Other than that, the list is fine. You may want to consider putting the lord on a bike or in termi armour to give him more survivability and get into cc faster to make use of the blissgiver.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, I had not thought of that. Do you think I should go for a fourth Noise Marine squad? The more threats the better, right?

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
But the smaller the squad, the easier to kill.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Deux's advice is spot on.

yes, you can have dozer blades on Chaos LR (IIRC, Chaos is the only one that can have them) and certainly take PFs in your NM. it will nerf your good Initiative yes, but you don't want to get your squad held up by a Wraithlord.

you can use meltabombs on Dreads, but not on most MCs.

good hunting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For a Slaaneshi list, I'm surprised you haven't gone down the lash route. Extra Armour is always a waste of pointage. Good list though.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
It seems a little light on troops for 2000 points, you have 18 scoring models, annd they're not the toughest of marines!
The termies could do with an extra zing, drop one pair of lc's and stick in a cf and hf! Now you can take on troops, mc's, tanks and dreads!
One of the NM squads I'd drop the blastmaster and MB's and stick a PF on, EA on the rhino, maybe another guy in the squads (although not fluffy) then either put your lord in here (obv take him off the bike if you do) or take lucius and stick him in this squad!
Just a few ideas to throw in the mix!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts