Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys i've revised this from my necron battle report. I used the list tonight and it was a huge sucess. I played a Blood angels player with a deep strike army and slaughtered him.
Here it is
HQ
155 Daemon Prince MoS wings and LoS
155 Daemon Prince MoS wings and LoS
Yes people think they are cheese but i love them. These 2 guys will fly around in cover or stay behind my rhinos lashing stuff into circles for my blastmaster templates.

TROOP
205 Noise Marine 5 man squad in Rhino / Blastmaster/ Champion with doom siren
The Noise Marines are supposed to sit in back witht he blastmasters and shoot enemy transports and pop shot instant kill enemy HQ's plus they can kill troops.

ELITE
140 Chosen 5 man squad with 5 meltaguns
165 Chosen 5 man squad with 5 plasmaguns
These Chosen are to stay on foot next to my rhinos or behind them to protect against drop pod dreads or deepstriking terminators.

Heavy Support
215 Havoc Squad 5 man with 4 lascannons
Thes are for cheap heavy support killers. I want to keep them small and cheap. They kill everything i want. last game the guy deep striked BA terminators and i killed them with 12 shots.

alright guys i'm at 2490 so i was woundering what i could fill in for 10 points.
Other than that im curious of your oppinions on the list and what you think i should change.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
im assuming that the normal NM has a sonic blaster...& ride in rhinos since neither of those are mentioned *hint* in the list

i still havent ran a blast master yet but i find that NMs are the BEST shock troop in the game...always at I5 & having a DOOM siren = dead marines.

however if your main idea for using them is to have the blast master shoot at stuff & not let the Unit get in CC on the charge id drop the siren for a PW

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Yay... Yet another Lash list.

Just use 2 Vindcators and some Oblits, the same as every other lash prince list.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yay... Yet another Lash list.

Just use 2 Vindcators and some Oblits, the same as every other lash prince list.
Agreed. If you are going for competitive, and this is certainly not friendly, so that is clearly the goal, you might as well take the best templates. Drop all the Blastmasters, drop down to three or four troop squads, get those squads some rhinos, change those havocs into Oblits, then add in more Oblits since at this point level you can take two FOCs. Why stop there..just take four lash princes, three or four NM squads, and six squads of Oblits.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed. If you are going for competitive, and this is certainly not friendly, so that is clearly the goal, you might as well take the best templates. Drop all the Blastmasters, drop down to three or four troop squads, get those squads some rhinos, change those havocs into Oblits, then add in more Oblits since at this point level you can take two FOCs. Why stop there..just take four lash princes, three or four NM squads, and six squads of Oblits.
WTF this isnt apocalypse

·
Registered
361 Posts
I haven't been in a game where we've used multiple FOCs under 4000 points, and it is certainly not in the rules anywhere.

As for the list, Vindicators and/or Obliterators would provide better fire support than the Havoc squads and punch armor, and generally infantry, better than the lascannons will. If you don't want to be 'that guy' (you know, the one that everyone dislikes because they play ultra-competitive lists even during friendly games, like me) then I would recommend finding room to replace Lash with Warptime on your Daemon Princes, as people will complain less about that than they will Lash.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Normally, I’d be inclined to agree with ROT and Zaden about the Heavy Support choices you have.

Not this time. As it stands, maxed out Oblits would give you 9 LC or MM shots, and by taking Vindies you diminish the amount of anti-armor shots you take.
Your Heavies are strictly made for one purpose: killing transports

Not to mention, with dedicated plasma and melta squads, any TEQs or MCs don’t stand much of a chance, especially if you consider he can combine fire from multiple NM squads.

If you didn’t tailor this list to beat your opponent and it did well, leave it as it is. Otherwise, be leery of fighting against any against any one else. The biggest weakness: small numbers in your squad sizes. That could put a hurt to you if you bump into hordes or accurate pie plates.

good hunting.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Normally, I’d be inclined to agree with ROT and Zaden about the Heavy Support choices you have.

Not this time. As it stands, maxed out Oblits would give you 9 LC or MM shots, and by taking Vindies you diminish the amount of anti-armor shots you take.
Your Heavies are strictly made for one purpose: killing transports

Not to mention, with dedicated plasma and melta squads, any TEQs or MCs don’t stand much of a chance, especially if you consider he can combine fire from multiple NM squads.

If you didn’t tailor this list to beat your opponent and it did well, leave it as it is. Otherwise, be leery of fighting against any against any one else. The biggest weakness: small numbers in your squad sizes. That could put a hurt to you if you bump into hordes or accurate pie plates.

good hunting.
yes you see the purpose of the havocs. thank you im getting tierd of the oblit spam. plus my havocs are cheap and they do the job i want them to get done. also i get 3 extra shots this way. The noise marines job i realize i forgot to write this on the list. They sit back pop rhinos. if something gets with in 20 inches i disembark lash the enemy and fire the doom siren. templates are awesome. but yea i dont need PF because of the plasmaguns and meltas sneaking around my rhinos. if something mean comes around i just unload. But yea i like having cheap squads with good weapons. and i spam them. I want to say that i have played 40k for 3-4 years now, and not once have my troops ever been cought in combat with something they need a PF for. I play a very shooty list and i trust that my guns will win the game for me.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I edited the list post, I added the rhino in. Nothing Zaden said made since everyone so just ignore it
At some point level you will sometimes see people double the force org chart (or bring a second). Maybe its 3000 points. Or maybe its a local game club thing. Or perhaps I'm just slipping into 3rd edition :p Please disregard.

Anyways, the rest of what I said stands. Lash works best with Oblits. Havocs are static, and therefore avoidable, and are not nearly as versatile.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At some point level you will sometimes see people double the force org chart (or bring a second). Maybe its 3000 points. Or maybe its a local game club thing. Or perhaps I'm just slipping into 3rd edition :p Please disregard.

Anyways, the rest of what I said stands. Lash works best with Oblits. Havocs are static, and therefore avoidable, and are not nearly as versatile.
you see the thing you are thinking is that i need to use my heavies with my daemon prince. In this list i use the daemon prince with my troops. thats hard for some chaos player to comprehend because most use lash to shoot vindicators or plamacannon enimies with oblits. My Lash is designed as a defensive effort. sure ill still lash stuff into circles for my blast masters but the goal is to lash stuff into my doom sirens. The havocs are simply their to shoot transports, and big stuff but mainly transports. they kill transports and then my blastmasters hit whateve comes out of the transports. Yes they cant move and shoot, but they have 1 extra shot per squad and they are cheaper.
Also to answer your question about doubling the force organisation chart. that would be a house rule i guess.

·
Registered
803 Posts
you see the thing you are thinking is that i need to use my heavies with my daemon prince. In this list i use the daemon prince with my troops. thats hard for some chaos player to comprehend because most use lash to shoot vindicators or plamacannon enimies with oblits. My Lash is designed as a defensive effort. sure ill still lash stuff into circles for my blast masters but the goal is to lash stuff into my doom sirens. The havocs are simply their to shoot transports, and big stuff but mainly transports. they kill transports and then my blastmasters hit whateve comes out of the transports. Yes they cant move and shoot, but they have 1 extra shot per squad and they are cheaper.
Yeah I see what you are saying. I definitely applaud your use of Doom Sirems. It is an amazing weapon. We'll agree to disagree on havocs being better at anything than Oblits, except being cheap knock-offs.

Also to answer your question about doubling the force organisation chart. that would be a house rule i guess.
Now that I'm at home with a rulebook, I'll let you know what made me think of this:

5th Edition Rulebook, Page 87 (Also P.78 in 4th Ed). Multiple detachment games.

Summary: In games above 2500 points, players may agree to bring two detachments each, with each detachment played as a separate army and each using their own force org chart.

This is what I was thinking of. Your right, this isn't apocalypse, its a way to play larger games using the regular rules. Technically, if your opponent agreed to it, you could bring four lash princes and six squads of Oblits.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they always do. unfortunately i dont have my army anymore. i gave it to my cousin as a gift for christmas. he serves in the army, and we are practicly brothers and he is the one who got me into the game. his army got stolen by someone from his local store so i gave mine to him. im going to mis it a lot, but i still have my iron warriors army so ill be rolling them for a while till i start another Emperors children army

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
they always do. unfortunately i dont have my army anymore. i gave it to my cousin as a gift for christmas. he serves in the army, and we are practicly brothers and he is the one who got me into the game. his army got stolen by someone from his local store so i gave mine to him. im going to mis it a lot, but i still have my iron warriors army so ill be rolling them for a while till i start another Emperors children army
Oh i'm sorry to hear you cousin had his Army stolen.

I'm sure he appreciates the EC, thats a great gift. It's nice you have the Iron Warriors as back up too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts