Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Heretics!

I resisted it for a long time, but I can't do it any longer.

Vehicles have to be included in my lists... :scratchhead:

I used to run 40+ Sonic Weapon toting Noise Marines slogging it across the table.

Then I faced a three Land Raider list at a tournament... :threaten:

That being said, I am hoping for some criticism for the following mechanized list.

HQ
Daemon Prince Sorcerer - MoS, LoS - 135pts
Chaos Lord - MoS, BlissGiver, MB - 140pts

Elites - 265pts
Termy Champ - 2xLC
Termy Champ - 2xLC
Termy Champ - 2xLC
Termy Champ - ChFist, HFlamer
Termy - 2xLC

Troops
9 x Noise Marines - 9 SB
1 x Champ - SB, PF
Rhino - Combi-Melta - 335pts

9 x Noise Marines - 9 SB
1 x Champ - SB, PF

8 x Chaos Marines - MoS, 1 x Flamer
1 x Champ - PF - 200pts

Heavy
Land Raider - 220pts
Land Raider - 220pts

Total - 1850pts

The Chaos Marines ride in a LR with the BlissGiver Lord for some intimate physical contact.

The Termies occupy the other LR.

Noise Marines do what they do best, providing a wall of fire.

Daemon Prince, LR's and Multi Meltas for Anti-Tank.

I am not sold on the termies... :headbutt: any other suggestions?

Thoughts?

Snort.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Greetings Heretics!

I resisted it for a long time, but I can't do it any longer.

Vehicles have to be included in my lists... :scratchhead:

Rhinos for sure, Vindicators perhaps, other vehicles are debatable.

I used to run 40+ Sonic Weapon toting Noise Marines slogging it across the table.

Then I faced a three Land Raider list at a tournament... :threaten:

I am going to guess these were Loyalist Land Raiders. They are much better than ours.

That being said, I am hoping for some criticism for the following mechanized list.

HQ
Daemon Prince Sorcerer - MoS, LoS - 135pts
Chaos Lord - MoS, BlissGiver, MB - 140pts

Sorc is fine, but I would probably take Lucius over this Lord. I know you are going for Mechanized, but Lash Princes would easily outperform either of these, though Lash Sorcs can be pretty good.

Elites - 265pts
Termy Champ - 2xLC
Termy Champ - 2xLC
Termy Champ - 2xLC
Termy Champ - ChFist, HFlamer
Termy - 2xLC

Unfortunately Chaos Termies are nowhere near as good as Loyalist Termies, as is the case with Land Raiders. I would change these for either Melta Chosen or another NM squad.

Troops
9 x Noise Marines - 9 SB
1 x Champ - SB, PF

9 x Noise Marines - 9 SB
1 x Champ - SB, PF

These NM squads have too many models. 7 is fine, even 6 for objective holders. Speaking of that, you could use a NM squad with blastmaster for sitting on objectives. Put them in a havoc rhino and that squad will pump out a lot of ranged firepower. Also, you don't need full squads with sonic blasters. Even at 5 points each which seems cheap, they add up. And for assault oriented squads, you just don't need that many. Two is nice for firing out of the hatch of rhinos. Also, do your champs not have Doom Sirens? Drop their SBs for DSs and watch your opponents melt. The power fists on these are debatable. Personal choice.

8 x Chaos Marines - MoS, 1 x Flamer
1 x Champ - PF - 200pts

I'm not huge on trying to make cult-like troops out of vanilla marines. This squad in particular baffles me as you could have a champ with a doom siren, which is basically a super heavy flamer, and a powerfist, and all of a sudden you have a much better version of this vanilla squad. They'll be fearless, and don't need an icon bearer..and can take sonic blasters to boot. And these guys don't need to be taken in a LR, just a nice cheap rhino.

Heavy
Land Raider - 220pts
Land Raider - 220pts

Ugly. Chaos Land Raiders are not great. You can't use them fully as a transport and fire their guns. You can't fire their guns and use them fully as a trasport. Given your list, you will need them to maximize both rolls. Obliterators or Vindicators would be a much better use of heavy support slots.

Total - 1850pts

The Chaos Marines ride in a LR with the BlissGiver Lord for some intimate physical contact.

The Termies occupy the other LR.

Noise Marines do what they do best, providing a wall of fire.

Daemon Prince, LR's and Multi Meltas for Anti-Tank.

I am not sold on the termies... :headbutt: any other suggestions?

Thoughts?

Snort.
Your army seriously lacks long range fire support..actually if you don't include the LRs, which you need as transports, you have zero long ranged fire support.

In your quest for full mechanization, you are removing your ability to take Daemon Princes and Obliterators. It is tough to be competitive without these.

A couple of DPs, a chosen squad with meltas in rhino, three or four squads of NMs in rhinos one decked out for objective holding, and two squads of Oblits would be nice and competitive.

·
Registered
941 Posts
the termie champs are a point heavy unit, I go with 5 termies, all with PFs, and then deep strike them, they pown!:biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments guys :)

I'm gonna try the 2 Sonic Blasters in the Rhinos and the BlastMaster camping out on an objective.

Losing the LR's, adding Oblitz.

Appreciate your time!

Snort

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I notice your #s are off, a Lash Prince is 155, a Lash Sorceror is 125, you have a Lash DP Sorceror at 135?

Anywho I run a Very Fluffy EC list, and I use one Lash Prince and a Lash Sorceror to great effect.

NMs Squads are tricky, you have to decide if they're CC Troop Killers, or Range Troop Killers. SBs are aawsome for etheir one, but if your CC then a Champ with PW and Doom Siren, if at Range then a Blast Master. One of the 2. Also keep your NMs in squads of 7-8, they're expensive as it is.

Also I use Twin LC Termies with MoS to devastating effect. With all that Lash and 1 LR will make sure they will assualt something on their terms. In CC they eat thru just about anything with lower Int. You again have to make sure you Lash and use that assault ramp to attack his best foot soilders. Dont get charge by a Dread.

For anti mech use Oblits all the way. EC Fluffy list cannot really cope with mech otherwise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I notice your #s are off, a Lash Prince is 155, a Lash Sorceror is 125, you have a Lash DP Sorceror at 135?

Anywho I run a Very Fluffy EC list, and I use one Lash Prince and a Lash Sorceror to great effect.

NMs Squads are tricky, you have to decide if they're CC Troop Killers, or Range Troop Killers. SBs are aawsome for etheir one, but if your CC then a Champ with PW and Doom Siren, if at Range then a Blast Master. One of the 2. Also keep your NMs in squads of 7-8, they're expensive as it is.

Also I use Twin LC Termies with MoS to devastating effect. With all that Lash and 1 LR will make sure they will assualt something on their terms. In CC they eat thru just about anything with lower Int. You again have to make sure you Lash and use that assault ramp to attack his best foot soilders. Dont get charge by a Dread.

For anti mech use Oblits all the way. EC Fluffy list cannot really cope with mech otherwise.
Thanks for pointing the points issues out... Apparently Army Builder is now broken with the last update... :(

Balls...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually... where does it say a Daemon Prince Sorcerer with Lash is 155pts?

Sorcerer is free, just buy the power.

Am I reading this wrong?

I just got chastised by my group for charging 155 for it...

Which is correct?

Reading it, I see...

Prince + MoS + Lash = 135. No charge for Sorcery...

???

Snort

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think he may have been thinking about Wings. Those are pretty much essential IMO, and would make your Prince 155. That's probably where this confusion is coming from. But, yes...as you have it written, he is 135. But I would add wings, that way you've got theoretically a 36 inch range with your Lash (12 movement + 24 inch range). :biggrin:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm vastly in the minority. But my Emperor's Children is doing much better since I replaced my Daemon Princes with Sorcerers. The lash is more important than the Daemon Prince being better in close combat. The Sorcerer can hide better in cover and from my play he is more survivable because he can join a squad in a Rhino. If your Lash Prince is in close combat your opponent has distracted you from your best chance to win the game...Lashing his guys. There is so much firepower on the board Princes just are not that bulletproof. You need to find a solution that's better than putting a lash on the toughest monster you can and praying to Slaanesh that he can suck it up.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
You know what i hate about sorcerers... The image of them in the codex... is fucking bad-assed... But the actual model is lame as fuck. And that is genuinly the reason i'd never use one...

:D

but on a more ontopic note, i think that Sorc's would prolly work better as lashers, mainly because DP's attract alot of attention, so get less freedom to move around the board.

·
Registered
941 Posts
and most of the fluff about them sucks! :crazy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts