Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
I was going to ask about the combi-flamer and havoc launcher, the combi makes that a pretty expensive chaos marine and doesn't make them any better at hunting tanks(And it relies on that rhino staying around).
The havoc launcher will never fire at anything that it needs to, the predator is all about tank hunting, and you've attached a chaos marines worth of points into a s5 blast weapon. I just don't see this working well in your favor, perhaps clip off the combi and the havoc launcher and instead fill up the slaaneshi boys to a full ten?

I like your power weapon/melta bombs idea but your list is very low in fist swings. When bumping up maybe take a termiecide squad(It's just three terminators, cheap I swear) armed with two combi meltas, a chainfist, and a heavy flamer? I think it's in the ballpark of 120 points of 2+/5++ with a ton of firepower.

Also if you need a dreadnought I've got a metal chaos one. It's super bulky and hard to convert but maybe you can find a use for it?

· Registered
56 Posts
Hey Fallen, I'm open to using and changing all units as long as it maintains a slaanesh theme. The only units I'm unwilling to use are Daemon Princes, Lash Sorcerer (just because they are overrated, one dimensional and need to be built around) and to a lesser extent Obliterators (even though everyone recommends them, I'm still yet to be convinced). Other than that I'm pretty much open to ideas.

As for armies I face, the number one would have to be a Nidzilla style tyranid list that includes a Sawrmlord. Also to a lesser extent Tau and Imperial Guard. But in saying that I would like to maybe enter some local tournaments, so I want to be fluffy / competitive.
You can work around obliterators but it forces you to take the predator, otherwise the chaos army lacks reliable, cheap, lascannon sources.
And sadly the chaos sorceror is like a slaaneshi chaos lord light. He has a force weapon, and lash, same s, same t, same save, just one lesser ws and no fearless.

If you need convincing on the obliterator think of it like this, for the cost of five havocs with no weapons you get two havocs that have fused together for a 2+/5++, and ALL the havoc weapons, plus a powerfist with two swings. This is the appeal for powergamers is that if you deploy the oblits right and give enough other big targets, they work great as they enemy can't take time or the right guns to kill them instantly(s8+). I hate the hell out of them(ugly models, unfluffy for alpha legion) but their effectiveness is without question if used correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.