Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
if ur versing nids i think the landraider would be big point sink, and wont make that much of a difference. i think u should drop the LR, and put the noise marines back in a rhino. it will still offer some protection at far less points.

another thing i would do is drop the combies and with the spare points from droping the landraider would be adding in a chosen flamer squad (5 marines, 4x flamers, IoS, rhino = 130pts)

so this is what i would do....
HQ

Chaos Lord, Mark of Slaanesh, Daemon Weapon, Meltabombs, 140pts

Elites

5x chosen, x flamers, IoS, rhino, 130pts

troops
10 CSM, Champion, Powerfist, IOS, x2 Meltaguns, Rhino, 265pts

10 CSM, Champion, Powerfist, IOS, x2 Meltaguns, Rhino, 265pts

9 Noise Marines, Champion, Power Weapon, Doom Siren, Meltabombs, x9 Sonic Blasters, rhino, 310pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vindicator, Daemonic Possession, 145pts

Chaos Predator, Autocannon, Lascannons sponsons, Havoc Launcher, 145pts

total = 1400

then u can add a few things to buff up ur guys with the extra points. then that would be a pretty riper list.

· Registered
79 Posts
if u dont like 4 flamers, maybe u would go for a squad with 1 flamer and 3 meltas or 1 flamer and 3 plasmas for 145pts and 160pts respectively.
u could play around with their weapons options and tailor them for killing MC's as well. (i kept the flamer in there for good measure against termies, homies, stealers, but u can replace it if u want).

i just think that versing a heavily orientated MC list, u should be able to out maneuver then using a rhino and block line of site (useless against hive guard though). but if it happens to get into cc against a MC, its not going to provide them much more cover. and because there not going to be in it for a while cause u want them to get out and shoot thing or be a gunline, this further emphasises the use of just a rhino instead of a LR.
but its what ever u like best, and suits ur taste.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.