Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,689 Posts
well, i like the list - not so sure about the NM layout but hey.

but before i suggest what to make / add for a 1500 pt list i want to know two things:1) what are units in this list that cannot/will not be allowed to be changed at all? 2) what types of armies do you usually run across - mech IG, DPing SMs, rhino rush SM, etc.

if there are a relative lack of high strength &/or low AP weapons but lots of troops then i think my 1500 pt army would be pretty good, 4 troop choices a DP, lord w/2 LCs, 4x rhinos & a dread feel free to use it as a base if you dont know what to do.

· Registered
3,689 Posts
well against Geq NMs are the bomb, a squad of ten with all SBs, 1 BM = 285 pts (these guys find some sort of cover & sit there / stay back & form a gun line, & if they get outflanked / assaulted they still 9/10 times strike first.

as soon as the nids reach half way they will start dieing in droves or getting pinned.

vindi's work well if using a "tau" battle plan, back up 6" across the board, shoot. maybe go forward the 1st turn if you get it, dont use rhinos against nids, waste of points.

id use DPs, maybe not have lash, but ya against nids bring 2 DPs...give them MoT wind of chaos (or whatever makes the spawn), & warptime. I6 at least ties what the nids can bring.

against mech armies, tau (IG?), oblits & termies are great, as mentioned already. rhinos are a much have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.