Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I take the following and still be bound?

Emperor's Blade
CCS in chimera
3 x vet squad in chimera
Hellhound

Priest
10 x bullgryns, power maul and brute shields
Stormlord

This would be a bound army, as is, but do I get the benefits of clear the area and objective secured from the Blade formation?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Why wouldn't you get the benefits from the Formation if you're playing it with the correct unit options, or are you asking if the Bullgryn from another Formation get it as well..?

I'd still rather take a CAD for ObSec on my vehicles as well.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd still rather take a CAD for ObSec on my vehicles as well.
Great point! I didn't even think about that! I was asking whether it was a legal bound list that would get the bonuses from the formation, but it's a moot point because I want the vehicle with obj secure, not just the troops. I had forgot about that.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Are you wondering if you still get the bonuses for the super Formation of Formations? On that front you need at least one Core choice where you currently have two Auxiliary choices.

But yeah, CAD for Guard in my life until we get a 7th edition Codex with more useable unit requirements.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Can I take the following and still be bound?

CCS in chimera
3 x vet squad in chimera
Hellhound

Priest
10 x bullgryns, power maul and brute shields
Stormlord
Yes, but take note of the change I made in order to do so

This would be a bound army, as is, but do I get the benefits of clear the area and objective secured from the Blade formation?
Unfortunately the answer is no, this would not be a bound army as is if you wanted to get the formation benefits.

The Emperor's blade formation consists of the hellhound, mounted vets, and company command squad and would be considered a detachment in its own right. If you were then to take the bullgryns, priest, and stormlord as part of a CAD the units within the Emperor's Blade are not counted towards your core requirments (the HQ and troop choices.)

So you would either need to take all the units in a CAD to be bound, or be playing an unbound list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts