Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive created a new Chapter: the Emperor's Avengers. They view themselves as 'The Bloody Fists of the Emperor' They scheme is black with purple trim and blood red fists. Other then this i'm stuck just wondering if anyone would help flush out the background a bit. thanks in advance:biggrin:

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Are they a Codex chapter? Who are they decendant from? Where is their homeworld? What kind of people are they? What is their story? How many marines do they have? Have they fought in any huge battles? Who are their heroes? Chapter Masters? Favorite weapons?

Hope this helps!
-Dirge

·
Registered
112 Posts
It sounds like they'd be a close combat/short range fighting sort of chapter. Maybe take "cleanse and purify" using the DIY chapter rules? I'd bet that most of your sargents will have nice hefty red powerfists to destroy the foes of the emperor as well. They'd probably use alot of terminators too? Maybe steer away from things like landspeeders and predators? Maybe they'd like the idea of vindicators crushing his foes into a bloody pulp? You didn't really give us much to work on, maybe tell us a little more so we can give you some more feedback.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they will be a codex chapter with a lot of h-t-h i'm thinking that terminator squads will feature heavily. I'm trying to go for a sort of 'fear of the Emperor' feel i.e: stick a toe out of line and they will come down on you hard. Possible ties to the inquistion. Also Power Fists through out :)

Maybe use the Ultramarine chapter master (i forget name) mini as basis for leader

thanks again for all the help

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Well, maybe you could use the BA list instead of the SM one. They have a ton of H2H, and fit well with the strict-ness you said they'd have. Or, you the SM list with Take the Fight to them.

-Dirge

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help dirge.

i've been thinking about how close to the inquisation the chapter is:

if an inquisator is an 'adviser' to the chapter master what would happen if he strayed from the true path....

or would they watch the impriium and space marines as a sort of police force

or would they be a crusading chapter with ties to the fists/templers

greatful for any and all input

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I think I like #1 the best, it's easiest to fit into the rules and backround. The second idea would never be simply taken by the Chapters, they'd protest it rather violently. The third might be simple, as long as you take an Inquisitor with your army. It'd be like the Inquisition decided to have a liason with your army, and sent Inquisitor __________ to assist you.

-Dirge

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok had a bit of a think and come up with a bit more of a history for the Emperor's Avengers:

They come from the Imperial Fist legion but are a crusade chapter guided by Inquisator Castle on a mission to wipe out the hoards of heritics and unbelivers. With empthasis on a certain chaos warlord who wiped out a recuiting planet of the chapter which also Castle's homeworld. The two joined forces and have been scouring the galaxy ever since.
Primarch:Rogal Dorn
Homeworld:None /Space-borne Fortress 'Hand of Doom'
Current Chapter Master: Commander Draven
First Captain: Captain Ashe

Please let me know what you think good or bad i can take it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts