Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the implication in Vengeful Spirit is the Emperor officially 'stole' the great part of his power from the Warp somehow... or tricked the Chaos Gods into ceding it against their will. This, evidently, is what gives him the juice to move from Bob Bigboy, to The Emperor at the end of the Age of Strife. Prior to this he was simply a Perpetual and Humanity's strongest psyker.

I still don't understand how this then meshes with the shard of the Void Dragon getting it's ass kicked on Terra, moved to Mars, and entombed in what seems to be a Tesseract Labrinth while Humanity was still in the Earth is Flat stage. Or perhaps he was just that badass to begin with?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Not sure anymore about the Void dragon. The miniature game I think went the route where there are several C'tan Shards. When I talked to McNeill he said his intent was to make the Void Dragon a single shard, even when the new lore and rules came out he was pretty stern at saying it was a single Void Dragon C'tan.

If it indeed is the fact the Dragon is a Shard then the Emperor probably did as you say, kick his ass with a single slap to the face. I would say there are many factors in making the Emperor what he is. Not simply the fact he tricked the Chaos Gods. Remember he had to manipulate warp power without tainting himself. Which is probably nearly impossible.

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's what daemons are telling Horus to win his allegiance. It may be true, but daemons are unreliable truth tellers.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
The new c'tan lore makes it apparent that the Emperor could never defeat a true c'tan. They were the living energy of the universe incarnate.

The shards are far less aware of their power, and thus less likely to realize they can incinerate continents with a quick snap of their metal fingers. Which in turn means they can be fought more easily by beings of similar power such as greater daemons or other powerful beings.

Regardless of McNeill's original intent, it's pretty clear now that even the Emperor could only have defeated a shard. Plus in an old WD article when the lore was first changed, Magladroth the Void Dragon is listed among those that were rendered into shards. None of them escaped the necrons' rebellion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts