Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was wondering is there a disadvantage to performing an emergency disembarkation in the enemy turn, on pg.9 of the Small rule book it mentions that any reference to the word turn means player turn.Now on pg. 67 it mentions that the emergency disembarkation stops you doing anything for the rest of the turn, with no mention of game turn.Does this mean that it does not mean squat to you in the enemy turn ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think though, and I could be wrong, that an emergency disembarkation is an auto-pin not a pinning test.
You're not auto-pinned.

You are pinned for the remainder of the opponent's turn automatically, which means nothing, and only stay down in your turn if you fail a pinning check according to the wording.

Pretty silly stuff.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Yep, no negative effects. You may not 'do anything else for the rest of the turn' Note that that's player turn, not game turn, as per page 9. So yes, if you perform an emergency disembark from a destroyed vehicle during your opponent's turn and pass your pin check, you can act as normal during your own following turn.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here's something me and a couple of friends debated about under the same topic. If you use the emergency disembark rules can you disembark anywhere within 2" of the vehicles hull even if there are enemies within 1"? They say yes, I say oh hell no!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
which makes it awesome when you swarm a land raider with 10 termies with gaunts then assault with a carnifex and wreck it if you cannot deploy within 2 inches of the tank without being a inch away from a enemy that unit dies

·
Registered
312 Posts
Their logic was based around 1 sentence and completely forgoing the rest of the paragraph.

"If any models cannot disembark because of enemies or because they would end up in impassable terrain, the unit can perform an 'emergency disembarkation' - the models are deployed anywhere within 2" of the vehicles hull..."

They say that superceeds the "models cannot disembark within 1" of an enemy."

I laughed at them and let it go, as we weren't playing for money or anything, but it was pretty annoying. Especially after telling them for 15 minutes that their logic was warp spawned.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I laughed at them and let it go, as we weren't playing for money or anything, but it was pretty annoying. Especially after telling them for 15 minutes that their logic was warp spawned.
One of my friends used to be like this, it's frustrating to deal with.
Give them an example, their vehicle is next to a block of Impassable Terrain, and their exit point is blocked.
They ED, show them how they can't disembark into the Impassable Terrain.
Then switch to enemy models, show them that all possible ways of moving within 1" of an enemy model (assaulting, and special rules) specifically state that they are an exception to the rule, and that that 1" radius is Impassable Terrain.

If they deny it then, then they're cheating, plain and simple, and you should tell them that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts