Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I would like to begin this discussion with the fact that, yes this has a lot of what ifs about it and depends on how new rules/point costs turn out and how players and tournaments handle them.

With 7th edition having been released and the meta beginning to shift with the new missions and ways to build your army. I was beginning to reread thru my codex's and IA's and began tinkering with new list ideas when it struck me. With IA 4 getting a second edition that means the Elysian drop troops will be getting updated rules. This excites me because with what seems like more and more people, TO's included not being as biased against Forgeworld units, it makes me wonder if the Elysians will become the one of the top armies for 7th.

I mean dedicated transport Valkyries, means a super mobile objective securing flyers, that can be tooled to deal with other threats as well. Not to mention flyers for their Fast Attack and Heavy Support slots as well, also scoring. Deep striking multi-melta sentinels and the two Tauros vehicles are also looking like very good options.

Like I said earlier, alot of this depends on how they get updated in IA volume 4's second edition. If their flyers get the price bump like their AM/IG counterparts, then it might not be as much of a viable choice if two thirds of your army points is going to your troop transports. Also depends if they even get an army list in the update. And of course the big deciding factor comes down to the players and the TO's.

SO what are your guys/gals thoughts on this? Potential threat to the current meta's tops armies, or just laughable wish listing?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Want to say flyers are excluded from OS.

Edit: Zooming flyers can't score. So they would have to hover to score. Not all that hard to shoot down in that mode.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Give first turn to your opponent... Male sure your hovering in the last turn, no earlier :)

But I think their forgeworld... So if they are the big cheese, they'll just be banned from tournaments and that's that

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
imo, it all depends on how they are updated. But price hikes are a thing that will almost certainly happen. As always with IA books i foresee a decent single build and a rubbish armylist all around. But i'm pessimist by nature :laugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts