Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, before I decide on anything for sure, I was wondering how the Elysians in the new Imperial Armour 8 are, and if there's anything outstanding, or just generally cool about the new army list.

I'm considering using some money I get in October to get an Elysian army.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Just noticed this Thread...I'm humming and hurring about starting Elysians as well, mainly because I already have a few Vendettas, and I want to get some of the Tauros models. The cool units are -

Drop Sentinels are both an Elite choice and a 0-1 in a Platoon's make-up.

Tauros (both kinds) are up to 3 in a single squadron..FA choice obviously, and not crazy expensive.

Valkyries are dedicated transports.

Veterans are great choices, and like in the IG Codex will be popular...can deep-strike.

Vultures, Thunderbolts, Lightnings are HS choices.

The Long Range Scanner (HQ) helps with DS'ing.

I don't have the book yet...just seeing bits of info around the www.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The Long Range Scanner (HQ) helps with DS'ing.
No thats the homing beacon (re-rolls scatter within 12") the long range scanner can help prevent infilitrators or can allow some misses to be re-rolled.

What I like - 4 hellfury missiles on a thunderbolt, all defensive weapons, large blasts, ignore cover, BBQkroot - I love the smell of Napalm in the morning!

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad someone posted. Finally. :p

I love the Elysian models, and the Vehicles are some of the best FW has to offer(besides everything else :p ) I think I could maybe get a pretty good 2k point army. Was reading something somewhere else, that the Long Range Scanner makes it so Infiltrators have to role a die to see if they can infiltrate. If they fail. they deploy with the rest of the army. Also, what he said about rerolling misses.

Well, Elysians are settled. One more question though: Can the Elysian Army List be used in standard GW Tournaments?

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, maybe I'll start with just the Infantry models then, and just use the regular codex. Besides, Chimeras, Leman Russ', Medusas, Hydras, and Manticores are the shiz.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Having played against an IA8 Killer-Kan mech army I can say that IA armies change the balance in a very interesting way, the rules for Elysians are sure to do similar (hence the inability to use them in regular tournaments).

But if you have a good group of friendly players then they should let you use them, just don't overcheese it.

I would totally agree they are one of the best sets of imperial troops from forgeworld.

Is there any way you can use Elysian troops in a "counts as" capacity, maybe even adjusting the payload on the valkyries to make them "counts as" chimeras etc. With some heaps of salt you could then play regular with them aswell as IA8 lists. This would of course not pass in a tournament. However I would still look at what you can use as regular IG units as I am sure most of the Elysians have an acceptable "counts as" unit in IG for even the most anal of opponents.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Yea just play them as a 'counts as' Air-Cav list...3 Squadrons of 2 Valks/Vends and fill with CCS/Vets, or that as a base and add heavy Support etc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bear in mind that some of the elysian units cn be included in a normal guard army. In fact, I think i'm going to add some tauros buggies to my existing army just because they look so cool.:grin:

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
just write up a list using IA and one not using IA, that way if your playing in a tournie (why you would is beyond me) or a close minded opponent you have something to fall back on, and if your playing a normal person with even half a brain cell who knows an IA list is just as fair as a GW list, you can use your IA written list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts