Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!!

Been meaning to get this on here for some time, finally was able to find all the pics of my progress so far. I began collecting these guys back in '06? So it's been a long project for me and still will, though I seem to have picked up a bit of steam now. So hopefully I'll have regular updates for you all, after I finish posting what I have done so far. I'll try to group the types together and show their history.

So let's start off with my Vultures. I've got Punishers for both and other options either done or in progress. Sorry some are sideways, I can't seem to turn them up. Questions or commets welcome.

Attachments

Reactions: Old Man78

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next up are my Taros, sentinel sentry.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next up are my special flyers.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems I can't post anymore pics for some reason, so I'll try to get more up for you soon. Thanks for checking what I have for you so far and Q & C are welcome.

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Nice work there pal! Would you be able to post a clearer picture of the pin up girl on the side if the vendetta? I think that is a great retro touch

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice work there pal! Would you be able to post a clearer picture of the pin up girl on the side if the vendetta? I think that is a great retro touch
Thanks, I still have a ton to post and paint.

Here's close ups of what I have so far, eventually they all will have white panels. Fortunately I have replacement decals for the ones being painted over, except for the one Vulture.

Anyways....

Attachments

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Brilliant stuff, quite partial to those pin up pictures and was thinking of trying to paint one on my shadowsword, never thought to look for decals! where did you source them?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brilliant stuff, quite partial to those pin up pictures and was thinking of trying to paint one on my shadowsword, never thought to look for decals! where did you source them?
Thanks, I acquired two Valkyries and Vendettas on Ebay awhile back, they are the ones that inspired the paint scheme for the rest. I asked the guy where he got the decals, on Ebay under guitar transfers of all things. So I got me a sheet to continue the theme. I have someone that can do small writing working on naming the aircraft by the nose art, as they should be. I just tried looking up pinup decals on Ebay, but I don't remember my search words to use, but they're there.

Attachments

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Cheers pal, after a few goes at google I found lots of sites and forums on it, google "nose art decals" and you get lots of results. Thanks again

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad I was able to point you in the right direction.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Interesting find! Those transfers definitely look better over the bright white panels. Though bright white panels seem a bit much. I suppose you could always underpaint the area to receive the transfer white, apply the transfer, then edge in around it with a darker color.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting find! Those transfers definitely look better over the bright white panels. Though bright white panels seem a bit much. I suppose you could always underpaint the area to receive the transfer white, apply the transfer, then edge in around it with a darker color.
Thanks Dude! I'm still debating that, but keeping with the theme for now. Trying to come up with some sot of meaning for it, go a history for whole group in the works.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, sorry for the hiatus, RL is biting me in the ...,but I have some more. I decaled up my fast flyers, going to let them set for a bit and then spray some flat over the whole areas to seal them up.

So here's what I have to offer:

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well... that is badass! Is that all free hand work?
Thanks!! Sorry, no, I kit bashed several decal sets. I used Imperial, a Michigan ANG F-16 set, and a WWII set.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks!! Sorry, no, I kit bashed several decal sets. I used Imperial, a Michigan ANG F-16 set, and a WWII set.
Inspiring work there, mate! This tip is something that's so easy to forget. I think I've got dozens of decal sheets from model aircraft, tanks, battle ships and the like, but never really thought of using those same ones for my 40k models. Need to get around to checking how these could work out :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Inspiring work there, mate! This tip is something that's so easy to forget. I think I've got dozens of decal sheets from model aircraft, tanks, battle ships and the like, but never really thought of using those same ones for my 40k models. Need to get around to checking how these could work out :D
Happy to be of service and thanks! Sometimes it's the simple things that get overlooked.

BTW, I have been severely under the weather for the last week, so no work has been done, but hopefully I'll be back at it soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts